Pets ~ Part Two

Chrissy

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She's soooo tiny and adorable! Awwww :wub: Thanks for posting the video!! :wub: I'm getting teary eyed again...

Edit: Have your other dogs already met her, and how has that gone for the dogs? :)

Edited by frankie

Thanks everyone, I am so happy with her, she's bright, funny, plucky and so sweet.. Not a great sleeper though, bit too nocturnal at the moment!

Oh dear, and I bet you could do with a bit of sleeping yourself... :empathy:   I hope it's just a phase and passes soon :)

Dogs are cute, but I'm cured from wanting to have any. Training a dog would be too much for me.

But, I have two bunnies. They keep each other occupied, but are equally cute and adorable.

Currently they share a cage in my kitchen, but in a few month we'll have our own flat, and they'll have a whole balcony to themselves. :)

Hadron, the shy one

hadron1.jpg

Dasha, the alpha- girl

dashai.jpg

They aren't ment as cuddly lap bunnies, and they don't behave as such. They prefer each others company to that of humans. Which is just as well, since I work all day and cannot be a bunny substitute for them.

Hadron is a bit afraid of us. He's always had a careful personality, and sadly his castration did not work out so well and I had to force feed him for a few days. He hasn't quite forgotten that yet.

Dasha is very forceful, and will let herself be pet, but if she's had enough she'll just take your hand in her snout and kinda thow it away (it's acctually pretty cute).

They are housebroken, though that's not really something you have to teach bunnies.

• 3 weeks later...

Your bunnies are really cute!

Below are some photos of our new zijdehoender little chicken. Unfortunately the littlest one (who was in a seperate area because his mother kept pecking his bum) passed away last night :(. The others are doing well, though.

There's one brown one, one orange, one yellow, one yellow with orange stripes and two yellows with orange spots.

20130821_071616_r.jpg

20130821_071645_r.jpg

Awww those bunnies, how cute? I have 2 black girl cats, Maisey (4) and Spooky(2) both rescues. I've always had dogs so it was an eye opener having cats, especially ones that bring "gifts" lolpost-10980-0-72364100-1377362592_thumb.jpg

Edited by Librarylizzi

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mrsmac.  I realize you posted this a few months ago, but as this is my first visit in in quite some time, I didn't see your post until now.

First-off, I see that you're fairly new member here and if I missed greeting you earlier, then please accept my apologies..........

So Welcome to the forum.    :welcomebcf: !!!!  There are a lot of great people hear, of all ages and from all over the world. 

Looking through the many threads of all the different forum boards, you will find a seemingly endless variety book discussion and reviews that may prove hazardous to your wallet...........as you run out, yet again, to buy just one more book...it'll be the last one, truly.........those book discussions and reviews have convinced you, in a visceral, primal kind of way that you must simply have it!

Or you could just go to your local library and not spend a dime! :giggle2:  :giggle:  :giggle2:   (Don't mind me, I have a case of the tired sillies.)

Great to have a thread that talks about pets.  We have two dogs, Geordie, an Australian terrier and Charlie, a Schnauzer/Poodle mix.  Today Charlie was in at the vet for some dentistry.  He had seven teeth removed (I hope he has enough teeth left to chew with) and it cost $734.00 - $100.00 per tooth.  When the vet told us how much it was going to cost we could hardly believe it but anything to do with pets these days seems to be expensive. We thought he might be groggy when he came home but he seemed just fine.  I hated the idea of him having surgery, now that our children are all grown up and away from home the dogs have become our children and we fuss and worry about them just as much.  We're Mum and Dad all over again.  :blush2:

I am utterly amazed to hear that price.  One of our cats need a tooth removed at couple years ago.  That single tooth and the teeth cleaning he received, cost us $1500.  My dog recently had dual surgeries at the same time, to the tune of just under $3000 about a 3rd of that was too remove one tooth and a cleaning for her as well.

How could the prices be so different in the same country (Canada)?  Don't know where you are but I suspected the costs of living and wages are likely much higher where I am than where you are.  It's the only way I can think to explain it. :yes:

anyone could answer me why pet like dog will instantly  transform to insane? crazy bite the person and so on,we can read news every year, 

Raycheung,

If you are referring to the stories that are sensationalized in the press, remember that what is actually reported in such stories is only a portion of the real story.  The so-called "facts" of such cases are cherry picked and written in such a way as to make it appear that a perfectly well cared for and trained dog just suddenly snapped one day for no reason and turned viscious.  In other words, they are propaganda.  Written perhaps to grind an axe, or make a political statement, of just used to up their readership, but whatever the reason I promise you they are relying on the fact the people uneducated about, and with little personal experience around dogs, to believe them.

A well cared for, healthy, trained and properly socialized dog will not "instantly transform to insane."   There is always a reason behind every attack.  Whether it's a history of abuse at their current or former home and something triggered them into the "fight or flight" mentality, or that they sensed a danger the human witnesses could not, or a million other possible scenarios, it all comes back humans looking for an explanation in human terms.  They may be our treasured and much loved "furry family members," but they are still dogs.  We can adapt their behaviours to help them fit into our world, and they will see us as their "pack," but they are STILL dogs.  5lbs of dog, or 150lbs of dog, not matter the breed or size, they are all descended from wolves.

Please don't confuse sensationalized dog attack stories as being the literal truth.  Like every story you see in the media, before passing judgement, always take time to consider the five W's of reporting:  Who, What, Where, When and Why?  And what are the writer's sources?  Can they be verified?  If so, are the sources themselves reputable?

Wordsgood

My poor cat was outside last night when someone started letting off fireworks (bit early!!).  She didn't come back for nearly three hours afterwards and she's spent this morning hiding under the armchair, very scared :(

Awww :(. We had some fireworks here too recently and the dogs got scared. Stupid people ><.

Our little chicken are doing well, I should really post some updates photos. The thing is, I've been too tired to take a lot of photos :blush:. The older little chicken, that were outside, have now access to the goats' and other chickens' area and that seems to be going allright.

My poor cat was outside last night when someone started letting off fireworks (bit early!!). She didn't come back for nearly three hours afterwards and she's spent this morning hiding under the armchair, very scared :(

Oh bless, I hope she's ok Steve, wish they'd ban the bloody things! :(