• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quinn ~

Quinn-4.jpg

:)

I'm delaying buying a pet for a couple of months, but you can bet I'll have a cat before Christmas!

Hurrah! for more BCF cats :) and everyone should have a cat, congrats Kylie :)

:lol: Thanks ladies, I can't believe how unladylike Quinn is! :lol: she is sitting at my feet at the moment in the same pose, lazily pawing my toes :lol:

Edited by Weave

Congrats Andrea on the kitty, and great news Kyle about your cat! Wouldn't it be great if you got one just before Christmas, and had a furry little friend to spend it with? :D

And lol, Quinn's pose reminds me of my dog's pose :rolleyes: Also a non-ladylike lady :lol:

I'm delaying buying a pet for a couple of months, but you can bet I'll have a cat before Christmas!

Ahh fabulous!

Congratulations Andrea :), does she have a name yet? :)

Thanks Weave. Her current name is Jill - but we'd like to change it to something else (trouble is finding something OH and I can both agree on!)

Congratulations Andrea! Once she settles in a bit you'll have to send us some pictures :D

Thanks - I definitely will! She was much more relaxed last night actually and sat between us on the sofa, purring while we watched TV.

Congrats Andrea on the kitty

Thank you :)

post-7110-043030300 1284113075_thumb.png My gorgeous boy Murphy - 11 years old

post-7110-003168600 1284113756_thumb.jpg Honey the hamster - 1 year old (sorry that the picture quality isn't great, this is the best I could get it)

We have 4 wonderful cats Cassie (the boss) Trio (3 legs due to a dog bite before we got her) Harry (our little monkey) and LB who has adopted us. We had to have Ernie put to sleep last week he was 14 due to a stroke, that was heartbreaking, but we gave him a good life for the 7 years he was with us which I am thankful for.

bunnybooks ~ Murphy is so cool, he looks a happy dog :) and Honey ~ cute!

Andrea, I hope you settle on a name soon, it took us ages to agree on Quinn's name :lol:

Allison, I am so sorry about Ernie :hug: :hug:

Awww, Murphy is awesome! :smile2: Seems like a happy-go-lucky kinda fella :)

bunnybooks ~ Murphy is so cool, he looks a happy dog :) and Honey ~ cute!

Thank you, he is like my little baby. Unfortunately he has a heart murmur and a mass in his throat now that makes him cough. He still runs around like a puppy though, so proud of him :blush:

Sorry to hear of your loss alison10, I'm sure Ernie had a happy life :empathy:

You know, sometimes (being used to dogs only) it still surprises me the sense of balance cats have.

jamieschutting2.jpg

jamieschutting3.jpg

Jamie on the fence next to our yard. :D

Jamie is adorable Univerze and he is getting so big! it amazes me too how good a cat's balance is :)

Ella (my daughter chose her name from the story Ella Enchanted )

Sofia, Ella is lovely and I love her name too :)

My poor old hound has gastroenteritis. :( I took him to the vets today and was told that he also has a heart murmur, and arthritis in his back legs. :( So we have a probiotic paste to go on his bland diet of eggs, chicken and rice, and we have disgusting tasting tablets (vet's words, not mine) that I have to get him to eat. This'll be fun. Once his tummy is OK I will get him started on medication for his joints. It feels like we have turned a corner, and we will now be 'managing' his health and comfort.

He has really aged in the last six months (he is 12 years old), and is now an old dog rather than just a dog, if you know what I mean. We won't tell him his old though, cos if he knows he might stop having his occasional bouts of behaving like a puppy. Who'd have thought that a lumbering hound with foul breath could be so cute? :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

This morning we had to put our dog, Cap to sleep.

His gastroenteritis hadn't properly cleared up, and he was really sluggish for this morning's walk, despite having been full of beans yesterday. The vet did a blood test that strongly suggested a tumour. An x-ray and scan later and it was confirmed, there were a number of them, and they were nasty ones. There was nothing that could be done, so we cuddled him and told hom how much we loved him, and the terrific vet gently injected him.

At the moment we are pretty much torn up. The chasm that his sudden loss has created will take a long while to heal. This abused and frightened dog came to live with us 4 1/2 years ago and all these years later he had developed into a social, cheeky and mostly calm (as a Border Collie he was a natural fretter!) dog. We are reassured that he knew in his last years that he was safe and very much loved.

Chrissy, I'm so sorry to hear about Cap! :friends0: You gave him his greatest and most loved years of his life and the way he developed into a happy and cheeky dog shows that he loved you guys and appreciated everything you did for him. You're in my thoughts :empathy:

Thank you so much.

Today is day two without him, and we are still in shock with the added horribleness of anticipating him being here all the time, and momentarily forgetting that he is not. He was like a shadow at home, always nearby. Getting up this morning was hard as we would normally get up, have a cuppa and walk him. Our whole routine is now askew and we don't like it! It's going to take some getting used to.