Pets ~ Part Two

Chrissy

Mainly because it's solid plastic, and when it bashes on wooden furniture it leaves dents or takes paint off. :thud: And it's soooo loud as well; drives me potty! :giggle:

Ah, I thought it was a hollow ball. Hehe, we wouldn't want out bobbly to go potty, now, would we :giggle2:

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a hollow ball - I don't know why I wrote 'solid plastic', when I meant hard plastic. :doh:  Think I've already gone potty!! :giggle2:

:lol: :lol: Here we go bobbly, nice and easy, just sit on the chair and talk to the nice men in the long white coats... They are here just to have coffee with you, and perhaps talk a bit about how you are doing and feeling... there there...

:giggle2:

You guys know how much I love dogs and how much I'd love to have a dog myself, but that I'm allergic? Okay, so I've got something extra fun happening today! :smile2: I'm off to see my friend in Lieksa today, and her cousin has just gotten a new doggy puppy! It's an Italian water dog, or Lagotto Romagnolo. And some of you probably know that this breed doesn't really shed hair, so they are pretty ideal for people who are allergic to dogs... My friend's cousin's family is apparently allergic but they've had a few Italian water dogs and they've been just fine! And now my friend's cousin has just gotten a puppy, like about a month ago, and what's even better: she's busy today so she's happily letting me and my friend doggy sit for the two hours she'll be busy!! :exc: :exc: :exc: 

I'm honestly a bit afraid I'm just going to neglect my friend and just play with the dog :giggle2: Two hours of dog fun!!

Lagotto's are fab, a friend in my village has two (Chia and Anto) and breeds and works them in agility and truffling, she has even taken them into France to truffle! She too is allergic to dogs so has Lagotto's are Bichon Frise, strangely though she works as a dog walker! (She gets through a lot of anti-histamines!! :D

Have a fab day and enjoy the cuddles, if they are anything like my friends they will keep you busy playing rather than cuddling! :)

Edited by chaliepud

Lagotto's are fab, a friend in my village has two (Chia and Anto) and breeds and works them in agility and truffling, she has even taken them into France to truffle! She too is allergic to dogs so has Lagotto's are Bichon Frise, strangely though she works as a dog walker! (She gets through a lot of anti-histamines!! :D

I'd love to work as a dog walker! :D It would be a dream job :wub: (Coincidentally I was just at the library, trying to find something nice to read during the weekend and I came across with two Lucy Dillon books, I think she's a dog maniac because her books always include dogs! :D (I've only read one so far but I know from the blurbs that there are always dogs!) And in the other book this woman had just become a widow, and as she's obviously very sad and feels life has no meaning, she'd got a lot of time on her hands and starts to take out her Mum's labrador Coco. And soon she becomes the dog walker of Longhampton :D (I wonder if that's a fictional town)

Have a fab day and enjoy the cuddles, if they are anything like my friends they will keep you busy playing rather than cuddling! :)

Yeah, I've thought about that and realised that she'll probably want to play more than cuddle! I'll try and steal a few cuddles but I'm up for playing, too, if that's more to her liking :smile2: It's going to be brilliant!!

I hope you had a fun day, Frankie! :boogie: I had to google images of that breed as I've never heard of them before. They're gorgeous with their curly fluffy fur!! :D

Apparently Labradoodles are allergy-free dogs as well; they're very cute looking as well!

Edited by bobblybear

I hope you had a fun day, Frankie! :boogie: I had to google images of that breed as I've never heard of them before. They're gorgeous with their curly fluffy fur!! :D

Apparently Labradoodles are allergy-free dogs as well; they're very cute looking as well!

They are very rare in the UK BB, I only know of them as a friend has them, in fact she is currently looking for a home for a rescue 7 year old, I was interested until she said it was a boy, there's very little chance of Obi even letting it in the house!

Do let us know how you got on frankie, pics would be great too, as always! :)

I have to google Labradoodles, too, thanks for that info! :)

The doggy was soooo adorable! I went to my friend who was holding the dog and started patting her and put my face close to her and the doggy started licking me right off the bat! :) She's quite young, still, I would say maybe 5 months, tops? We went to her own home so she'd feel more comfortable, and started playing with her, but good lord, she was a biter! I've never had a dog bite on me that hard when playing. (we later found out that she was teething, so that's a reason) And it really wasn't any fun after the first couple of times, she got me pretty good, she had pretty sharp teeth! Then we decided it was better to calm her down and not pay her any attention so maybe she could sleep a bit. She did fall asleep, and that was good, she'd been very tired.

After she woke up and walked around to see if she was alone, I went to her and took her back to the matress and laid down and put her on top of me, where I could pat her and she could go back to sleep, which she did in no time. Then we also took a nap side by side (although I couldn't sleep, it was too exciting), and I had no problems breathing, my eyes weren't watering nor did I start sneezing! When the puppy woke up again, she went for my neck and started licking me and wanted to be right next to me, and felll asleep again. She was soooo cute! :smile2:

They are very rare in the UK BB, I only know of them as a friend has them, in fact she is currently looking for a home for a rescue 7 year old, I was interested until she said it was a boy, there's very little chance of Obi even letting it in the house!

Awww, I wish I lived in the UK so I could rescue him! I hope he will find a good home soon :)

Do let us know how you got on frankie, pics would be great too, as always! :)

We totally forgot to take pictures, but gimme a second, I'll post a picture my friend took and showed me some time ago :)

Such a cute puppy!!

In lesser news, our dog Boris ran with his full weight into our dog Pamuk (she was standing still), and she is now limping. We went to the vet and are giving her painkillers for a week. If she's not walking well again in some days, she will have to have surgery. It may be her ligaments are torn or her meniscus is damaged. :( It's quite sad, she stands on it a bit since she's got the painkillers but she still limps on three legs a lot too. She doesn't want to be near Boris, she is afraid.

Such a cute puppy!!

In lesser news, our dog Boris ran with his full weight into our dog Pamuk (she was standing still), and she is now limping. We went to the vet and are giving her painkillers for a week. If she's not walking well again in some days, she will have to have surgery. It may be her ligaments are torn or her meniscus is damaged. :( It's quite sad, she stands on it a bit since she's got the painkillers but she still limps on three legs a lot too. She doesn't want to be near Boris, she is afraid.

Ouuuuch, poor Pamuk!! :(  Boris is a rough player, I hope he learns from this and takes it easier with Pamuk. Boris has the advantage because he's got more weight on him, right? I hope Pamuk recovers soon and it's nothing serious :empathy:

Pontalba, chalie already answered your question but I'm sharing a picture of a full grown Italian water dog here:

250px-Lagotto_Romagnolo.jpg

Bobbly, looks like you had a lot of fun in the woods! :)  Reuben's tail was wagging madly when he was looking for the ball in the high grass :D And he seems to like to put his ball down in the steep down hill and watch it go off and then run to get it :D What a happy swimmer :wub:

Yeah, his tail goes mad when he's looking for his ball. It goes in circles really fast. It's very funny to see. :giggle2:  He does love a good swim, and his coat is soooo soft the day after (even if it does smell a bit :giggle:).

Yeah, his tail goes mad when he's looking for his ball. It goes in circles really fast. It's very funny to see. :giggle2:  He does love a good swim, and his coat is soooo soft the day after (even if it does smell a bit :giggle:).

I didn't have the sounds on very loud because Mum was watching TV in the same room, but I think I heard someone say 'helicopter tail'? :D

Such a cute puppy!!

Oh no!  That is sad, I hope she doesn't need surgery, and the dogs can be friends again. that she loses her fear and Boris understands that was wrong.

Ouuuuch, poor Pamuk!! :(  Boris is a rough player, I hope he learns from this and takes it easier with Pamuk. Boris has the advantage because he's got more weight on him, right? I hope Pamuk recovers soon and it's nothing serious :empathy:

Pontalba, chalie already answered your question but I'm sharing a picture of a full grown Italian water dog here:

250px-Lagotto_Romagnolo.jpg

Oh!  Thanks frankie, good looking dogs!

I miss having dogs, I've had them for most of my life.  It's only in the last few years I've been without.  But, 6 cats that don't get along is enough for the time being. :)

One of the cats is downright militant, hates dogs.  I always had to be careful, watching he didn't scratch an eye. 

I can't remember if I've ever posted a picture of the last two I had...so here goes. :)

33z5q90.jpg

The little one is Little John, and the big girl on the ottoman is Zazu.  He was sooo in love with Zazu!  Followed her everywhere. :D

That was my husband; that's what we call it coz that's exactly what it's like. :D

Yes, I figured that's what he meant :D

I miss having dogs, I've had them for most of my life.  It's only in the last few years I've been without.  But, 6 cats that don't get along is enough for the time being. :)

One of the cats is downright militant, hates dogs.  I always had to be careful, watching he didn't scratch an eye. 

I wish your cat wasn't such a doggy hater :(  Such a shame, knowing how much you would want a dog! :empathy:

I can't remember if I've ever posted a picture of the last two I had...so here goes. :)

33z5q90.jpg

The little one is Little John, and the big girl on the ottoman is Zazu.  He was sooo in love with Zazu!  Followed her everywhere. :D

Little John is absolutely adorable! And I love Zazu, too :D You once posted this absolutely gorgeous picture of Zazu in Kylie's reading log, she was smiling like there were no worries in the world! :wub:

LOL, yes, she is a bit more serious in this pic.  She tended to be a bit moody, although generally she was pretty happy go lucky.   She is the only dog I've ever had that liked people!  It was a strange sensation for me I can tell you!  I had a black German Shepard years ago and she was rather fearsome.  She'd stand at my side and just look at someone....waiting. And not in a nice way.  If a dog can glare, she could!

Edited by pontalba

I always find it odd to even think there could be dogs who do not like people (unless of course they've been treated badly by people, but I know you would never so that's not a reason in this case). Just like I always find it odd if some person doesn't like dogs :blush: What's not to love! It's a two way street, it's the highway of love!