Pets ~ Part Two

Chrissy

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chrissy, your Cap was a beautiful dog and he loved you as much as you loved him. :hug:

My troublesome two~some :giggle: ~

Dylanawake.jpg

^A very awake Dylan (its doesn't happen that often :D)

Dylansnoozing.jpg

^Ten minutes later...

Quinnwantsattention.jpg

^Quinn demands attention

:)

I just realised I can post in this thread now! :D

This is Boo, my new(ish) hammy. She's about 5 months old, and I've had her for just over a month.

297275_10150854003035317_648375316_20980396_921163182_n.jpg

She's gorgeous Noll! I have such a soft spot for hamsters :)

Edited by Weave

• 2 weeks later...

Quinn claimed my amazon parcel for her own this evening :) ~

Quinnrelaxingonmyparcel-1.jpg

:kiss:

Edited by Weave

Awww What beautiful beasties here!

Was pointed in this direction to introduce Tyree - my mutt :)

nov.jpg

img20101004_007.jpg

picking sloes (don't ask I didn't make him!!!!!!!)

And he's kept in check by Miss Salem Cat!!!!!

IMG_1246.jpg

Not even going to mention the ponies!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Ali ~ Tyree is beautiful, as is Miss Salem Cat :) Ponies??? You have Ponies? Pictures please! :)

I posted this photo yesterday on facebook, Dylan watching 'Frozen Planet', he was sleeping when he heard the birds (on the show) and jumped up and was leaning over to the tv (whist still on the settee) with his paw out trying to reach them, then he decided to get closer, he sat there watching the whole show. :)

DylanwatchingFrozenPlanet-1.jpg

And incase you are wondering, Dylan's favourite movie is 'Gothika' :giggle:

Edited by Weave

Awwwwwwwwwww Another Frozen Planet fan! Tyree loves it! Along with any other David Attenborough programmes!!!!!!!

Will dig out some pony pics since you insist :wink:

• 1 month later...

This is just a little tribute to my gorgeous cat Oscar who was put to sleep yesterday. I am in shock because he seemed so well at Christmas but he was fourteen so I guess we were lucky to have had him that long. Like all ginger cat's, he had the mischievous gene .. his sister Molly is the quiet good one (and poor thing she's wandering around looking for him and mewing pitifully :() he got up to and into mischief whenever he could. When I started up my own cross stitch company, he inspired the name and the logo and both him and Molly are constant inspiration for designs.

I didn't know I was going to lose him or he would have got some extra special spoiling. I tried to comfort him yesterday but he was too ill to even purr at me. I'm attaching some pics, his best bits, he was a great cat and we are lost without him.

gingerboy.jpg

post-5612-0-61185700-1326277773_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-81834200-1326277960_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-68838500-1326278034_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-97352400-1326278116_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-87026400-1326278202_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-66978200-1326278315_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-73799700-1326278532_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-86667600-1326278542_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-17101100-1326278688_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-78275200-1326278760_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-18029700-1326278885_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-07141700-1326279053_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-77987700-1326279141_thumb.jpg

post-5612-0-64226100-1326279286_thumb.jpg

What a gorgeous, gorgeous cat! He and Molly are just darling. He was such a cutie, and the roof pic made my heart race just looking at it!

Oh Poppyshake, what can I say? So sorry. :empathy:

Molly probably feels a little bewildered without him. But she will be ok. I know our fella did when his sister died last April. But now the relationship he has with us has been redifined, and he gets our undivided and incredibly spoiling attention (thus my 4 am starts nowadays!).

Big hugs. X

Thanks so much everyone xx Today was harder than yesterday, my first day of not seeing him but putting the pics up here helped. Me and Molly sit and cry together .. which is pretty hopeless, and when Alan comes home it's all he can do not to join in. We will get our act together soon and I think you're right Chrissy our relationship with Molly will change because she has always been the good, quiet one and therefore probably hasn't had as much attention. I'm looking forward to the bit where I can look back and picture his cheeky face .. at the moment I can only see him as he was on Tuesday morning and Alan has even worse memories to deal with :(

I'm sorry for making this thread gloomy, I will try and post a pic of Molly soon if I can get her to pose and not run off. Oscar would never tolerate anything pink to eat out of (or even have it in the kitchen) but Molly may well get her own glam bowl now .. which is something she's always wanted I know. She also wants (she told me with a flick of her tail) a pic of Oscar on the wall by her (was their) blankie so we'll definitely sort that out for her.

What beautiful pictures of your lovely Oscar, he was gorgeous :) It will take time for Molly, I am so sorry hen :hug:

Poppyshake I'm so sorry to hear about Oscar. I actually teared up a bit looking through the photos. You have some absolutely stunning (and very professional looking) photos of him - he does look like he was quite mischevious! Poor Molly too, it's very hard for animals I always think because they don't actually understand where their companions have gone or why they're not coming back. But at least you all have each other :)

You know, I don't consider myself much of a cat person anymore, having had dogs for years and all our cats having died when I was still pretty young, but looking through those photos I can really remember how much I loved having cats.

Oscar would never tolerate anything pink to eat out of (or even have it in the kitchen) but Molly may well get her own glam bowl now .. which is something she's always wanted I know. She also wants (she told me with a flick of her tail) a pic of Oscar on the wall by her (was their) blankie so we'll definitely sort that out for her.

Awww, glam Molly :) Loads of huggles poppyshake! :empathy: :empathy:

He was a gorgeous cat poppy, and your pictures are great. I'm so sorry you lost him. :empathy: I know how that is, I've had cats for the last 30 years, and it doesn't get any easier. But boy, they are certainly worth it.

As you can see, our ginger tom is my avatar, misnamed Goldy. He was a stray that came around and stayed. We live in the country, and no one claimed him..He was pretty wild at first, but now is the most loving lap cat here, except for his pal Twinkletoes. They are not litter mates, but love each other all the same. The name goldy was only supposed to be a "place name" until we managed to get him in the house, but it stuck.

He's beautiful, Poppy. Really, really pretty. Seeing you go through this makes me think of my own cat I lost a few years back! She was 15.. she had so much character, too. You're so lucky/good for having all those pictures of Oscar.. I never took enough of her, so I only have the pictures in my head to remember her by. <3.

Definitely lump-in-throat photoseries you put up. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Hi Poppy

So sorry about your kitty .Love all the pictures,they are all so pretty .

We don't have any pets, but I did have a cat when I was a kid. I got him from the neighbors when he was a baby kitten,and had him til I was 16,when we moved out in the country .I'm assuming he liked it back in the old neighborhood,because he came up missing right after we moved .

He was a MANLY cat,but I dressed him in my baby doll clothes and put him in my baby carriage. He did NOT like that at all.

I think it ruined his reputation as one of the Toughest Cats in the Neighborhood .

Thanks so much :friends0: I'm glad you liked the pics. Molly is doing a little better on account of the fact that she is enjoying privileges previously unknown to her, even if she's sitting on Mum's best jumper .. she doesn't get moved. This may well all lead to trouble but what can you do? She spent ages this evening sitting in my best armchair watching 'The Great Barrier Reef' on TV.

I love your avvie pontalba .. Goldy looks lovely. I keep wondering if we could have done more, noticed earlier that something was wrong. The vet says not but then he would, he was trying to make us feel better. Oscar may have been off his food for longer than I noticed, with two it's hard to know who ate what ... he definitely ate all his food at Christmas, I gave him some chicken over the holidays which he loved. I wish I'd let him sit on my best jumper now :( he definitely did sit on it .. several times .. but never with permission. Though it used to drive me up the wall, I'm going to miss getting all dressed up in my best clothes and finding that by the time I've got in the car I've got an extra layer of ginger fluff on me.