Pets ~ Part Two

Chrissy

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kennedy, that first photo made me :giggle: and the last photo of the two of them is adorable!

Abby, Hamlet is sooo cute. He looks like a little ball of fluff!

I was taking rubbish out to the bin on the weekend and Jasper snuck out the door behind me. So far he's only been outside on a leash or with me holding him, so I decided to let him have free reign of the courtyard while I dumped my rubbish. Luckily I had pulled up my lily plants, which are apparently lethal to cats, the day before. In the 5 seconds I had my back turned, he managed to find a little baby skink and was pouncing on it repeatedly before I managed to grab him (the lizard seemed none the worse for wear - he will probably be suffering PTD for a while, though). I'm reminded why he's an indoor cat - I don't like seeing him going after other creatures!

I have two 'Dumbo rats' called Spider (Black) and Levi (White/Grey). They are soo comical to watch and are always making me and my friends laugh, especially when Levi is always sneaking off my shoulder to drink out of my mug of tea! Sadly Levi has respiratory problems at the moment and has been on anti-biotics for the past two weeks, but slowly and surely he's recovering and his sneezing is slowing down :)

post-7998-0-82726400-1306675602_thumb.jpg post-7998-0-78051400-1306675769_thumb.jpg post-7998-0-42293000-1306675821_thumb.jpg

Your rats are so cute! Hope Levi gets well soon! xx

Kylie, EWWWW! Let him go after the little lizard thingies! They're creepy! Jasper sure is one spunky kitty. :)

Edited by AbielleRose

Kennedy, that first photo made me :giggle: and the last photo of the two of them is adorable!

I was taking rubbish out to the bin on the weekend and Jasper snuck out the door behind me. So far he's only been outside on a leash or with me holding him, so I decided to let him have free reign of the courtyard while I dumped my rubbish. Luckily I had pulled up my lily plants, which are apparently lethal to cats, the day before. In the 5 seconds I had my back turned, he managed to find a little baby skink and was pouncing on it repeatedly before I managed to grab him (the lizard seemed none the worse for wear - he will probably be suffering PTD for a while, though). I'm reminded why he's an indoor cat - I don't like seeing him going after other creatures!

I'm the same Kylie, when Dylan used to go outside, (we lived in Belfast at the time)he killed a bird, I couldn't look at him! :blush:

I have two 'Dumbo rats' called Spider (Black) and Levi (White/Grey). They are soo comical to watch and are always making me and my friends laugh, especially when Levi is always sneaking off my shoulder to drink out of my mug of tea! Sadly Levi has respiratory problems at the moment and has been on anti-biotics for the past two weeks, but slowly and surely he's recovering and his sneezing is slowing down :)

post-7998-0-82726400-1306675602_thumb.jpg post-7998-0-78051400-1306675769_thumb.jpg post-7998-0-42293000-1306675821_thumb.jpg

Too cute kennedy, I hope Levi feels better, I love how social rats are, its amazing :)

I'm starting to think Hamlet is part skunk. Its hard to get a good picture of him because he's so twitchy. :)

I love your Hamlet Abby, he's so cute! :)

Edited by Weave

Kylie, EWWWW! Let him go after the little lizard thingies! They're creepy! Jasper sure is one spunky kitty. :)

Haha! I knew you'd be grossed out. Frankie will be very pleased that I saved the lizard's life. He was really a cute little baby. Honest!

Jasper certainly is spunky!

As far as our training is going, if he goes near the TV unit I only have to move my hand slightly towards the water bottle before he bolts off. :giggle: He spent a lovely day mostly sleeping on the lounge and on me. He's just so adorable when he's asleep! I wanted to take more photos but he was sleeping on my camera. :rolleyes:

I'm the same Kylie, when Dylan used to go outside, (we lived in Belfast at the time)he killed a bird, I couldn't look at him! :blush:

I understand. I want Jasper to act as cute as he looks. Even though I know it's in his nature to be a little killer, I just can't bear the thought of it!

Edited by Kylie

Haha! I knew you'd be grossed out. Frankie will be very pleased that I saved the lizard's life. He was really a cute little baby. Honest!

Frankie is indeed very happy that you got there in time and saved the lizard. Frankie is also a bit upset with Jasper right now.

Frankie is also a bit upset with Jasper right now.

So is Kylie. He's being a right little pain the butt tonight. I'm starting to wonder if I have the one kitty on earth that likes being sprayed with water. He runs away like he hates it, but he keep going right on back to the TV unit!

Edited by Kylie

I'm starting to think Hamlet is part skunk. Its hard to get a good picture of him because he's so twitchy. :)

He's soo adorable. Beautiful markings!

thank you :)

Aww sounds like you have your hands full with the cat, their adorbale creatures :)

Too cute kennedy, I hope Levi feels better, I love how social rats are, its amazing :)

They maybe too cute but their very mischievous :P thank you, I hope so too, I can;t stand the thought of an anaimal being ill, no matter how small they are :)

I love your Hamlet Abby, he's so cute! :)

Took my cat to the vets today as she has developed a bad skin condition :( We were fully expecting her to have to be put down, as she is 14 years old, and the last time she had to go two years ago the vet said she was too old for treatment :(

however we saw a lovely vet who thinks that a month of treatment should work :) fingers crossed for her :)

Fingers crossed Laura its always a worry when they are that age.

My Guinea's make me laugh one is obsessed with coming into the lounge and the other can't make the step and just sits in the litchen squeaking at the top of his voice. I thought he was going to have a heart attack the other day, I was upstairs heard a crash and the pitter patter of running feet, I came down to find him cowering in his cage, I was sure that he had either chewed through a cable and given himself a nasty shock or a cat had appeared at the back door and he had run for his life...a few hours later it was feed me as usual though so no harm done. :D

I hope your cat will be OK, Laura. :friends0:

Last night I decided to just let Jasper go for it: if he wants to go behind the TV, then fine. As long as he doesn't pull out any cables or chew on any wires. Well, what do you think happened? He was behind there for about a minute and my screen went blank. Took me ages to figure out what he'd done. :irked:

I bought something to wrap around the cables the other day, but of course you can only fit so many in there.

I hope your cat will be OK, Laura. :friends0:

Last night I decided to just let Jasper go for it: if he wants to go behind the TV, then fine. As long as he doesn't pull out any cables or chew on any wires. Well, what do you think happened? He was behind there for about a minute and my screen went blank. Took me ages to figure out what he'd done. :irked:

I bought something to wrap around the cables the other day, but of course you can only fit so many in there.

I have the same problem with the guinea pig he likes to hide behind the TV and I think chew on all the wires well not chew exactly as I spend most of my time shouting and chasing him out, you can get cable covers where you bunch a whole load together and cover them, I need to get some or is that what you already have? the covers I have seen are hard plastic (the Guinea pigs favourite food just below salad :giggle2: ) I am thinking of letting him out to landfills as soon there would be no need to worry about plastics in the ground they would all be converted to guinea pig poo :D .

quick cat update - she disappeared off after we got her back from the vets, think she was throwing a strop over being put in the carrier! shes come in tonight and is in full voice, and seems to be ok in herself. she still looks awful, but it will take some time for her to improve, so fingers crossed she is getting better :D

:giggle: Naughty guinea pig!

Yes, I have one of those covers that covers a whole bunch of cables, but I'm not sure that will be enough. I think I also need to cover them where they actually connect to the TV and other devices, and you know how far apart from each other they can be!

Glad to hear your cat's on the mend, Laura. :friends0:

I have 2 dogs

Tazz is a 11 year old black labadour

Pipin is a 4 year old German Pointer(I think) she's bullies Tazz. So we had to get separate runs

Got about 10 fish

Got a gentle snake called Bruce. He's a king python.Not shore how old he is.

Ringo my bird we just got him in Janarary

And my Cat Felix

I can't believe I haven't introduced my pets! After my children they are my life and I love them all to bits.

My dogs are in my avatar, left to right we have Dylan, aged 12 he is a X Lab/Gordon Setter/Collie. I call him my big bear, he is a big softie, neurotic about bangs sadly so I have to share my bed in storms and my sofa when the local MOD firing ranges get too loud! Next is Honey, ages 13 and a mix of who knows what, she has the sweetest nature but was trouble in her heyday, always off chasing something! Lastly Obi is my gorgeous Australian Cattle Dog, he didn't have a great start as he has elbow dysplasia and had to have a major op at 6 months old but is doing ok now, he has a challenging personality with other dogs at times but is the sweetest boy with us.

We also have a 2 year old cat called Candyfloss, she is very sweet but loves nothing more than playing tag with my friends Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, it's a riot when they get together, I'm sure she thinks she is a dog!!

Tomorrow morning my apartment is in for a make-over as I'm bringing home my new 6 week old yet-to-be-named kitten! She's mostly white right now and has lovely blue eyes but is half siamese and starting to get orange siamese markings on her ears and face. :) I was hoping you guys could help me think of some names for her. I've been researching Japanese names and orange-related names (like Cheeto or Mango). I've been expecting to adopt her since before she was born (a friend's friend had a pregnant cat and was taunting me with the potential cuteness...)

Not sure if this link will work, but its a link to my facebook page where my friend tagged a video of my little girl with her litter playing with a baby. Its so cute! The kittens are about 4 weeks old in the video.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=10150200700792441&comments&set=t.500454668&type=1

Aw, you lucky thing! I can't view the video here at work but I'll take your word for its cuteness. She sounds lovely! How about...Jasper? :P Oh wait, I believe that name has been taken by another very good-looking kitten. :giggle: A very good friend recommended that name to me. ;) Mango sounds like a rather cute name.

(And Raven, don't even think about suggesting Fang as a name. :P)

I bought some contact paper the other day and spent a lot of time carefully cutting it and laying it in the entrance to the kitchen. Then I picked up Jasper and stuck his paw on it a little so he could see it would be sticky and unpleasant to cross. I went into and out of the kitchen a few times while he sat outside like a good little boy and I rewarded him with treats and thought I was onto a good thing.

I guess he was just putting on a show because not much later I went back to the kitchen to discover he's simply jumping onto the counter now to get in and out. <sigh> Worse still, last night he managed to crumple up all the contact paper so my effort was all wasted (perhaps he got himself stuck to it after all :giggle: ). Crazy cat.

I bought a new, bigger harness for Jasper recently because he has already outgrown his old one. I made it nice and loose on him but he acts really weirdly when he has it on. He doesn't stand up and walk but kind of crawls along the ground or just flops over onto his side and lays there. I know it's definitely not hurting him because it's looser than the old harness and he seemed to cope OK with that one (the only difference between them is that this one has a bell). Any ideas? At first I tried to leave it on him for a while because I thought he just had to get used to it, but then I got distressed and took it off him.

Mango is officially the cutest little kitten I've ever seen! She's a little stinker and keeps trying to cuddle just under my chin right now while I'm typing, (and she's been into EVERYTHING). I adore her, she's very chatty and if I go into another room she'll start meowing until she either finds me or I come back. I adore her! I've snapped loads of pics so far and included a couple below. She's been trying to help me clean, checked out the library and is saying hi now by sitting on my keyb`oard.q.. 3555555555555555555555555555588888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888894444444444444444444WWFFFFFFFFS BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB555555555555555555NM

post-5625-0-00748800-1307643555_thumb.jpg

post-5625-0-88571200-1307643567_thumb.jpg

post-5625-0-28088900-1307643587_thumb.jpg

post-5625-0-90843700-1307643604_thumb.jpg