Pets ~ Part Two

Chrissy

I love his pink nose!!!

post-6244-023978600 1303071857_thumb.jpg

This is Minx my cat wearing a hat.

(It's actually the foot of my old tights...this is what happens when you leave your O/H alone too long :rolleyes: )

Hamlet is still a bit nervous this morning, but he came out and checked out my hand when I was filling up his food bowl and giving him a couple of treats this morning. I need to get new bedding because the stuff that came with the kit is too light weight and the particles are too small so they stick to his little bum. When I go to the pet store I think I'm also going to get one of those little balls for him to run around in the house in.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha.. Cookie your cat looks so happy wearing that "hat". Hum, don't think Jamie would leave it on long enough to take a pic. ;)

Today it was nice weather.

Nice weather means pets in the garden, means pet pictures. Most lovely ones;

Our pretty Fay;

Fay18april2011-1.jpg

I love her little curly tail, and look at her lower lip, it's the cutest thing, she has this black spot in the middle of her lower lip (and gums).. so funny! Love our little lady.

Fay, Jamie and in the background, Donar;

FayjamieDonar18april2011.jpg

Ain't they cute?

Edited by Univerze

What a fab photo of the gang Univerze :) Fay is so petite!, all of your pets are gorgeous :)

My wee Quinn (the photos are not the best quality) ~

Quinnjeans.jpg

^'These are mines!'

Quinninabag.jpg

'See ya!'

:D

I love his pink nose!!!

post-6244-023978600 1303071857_thumb.jpg

This is Minx my cat wearing a hat.

(It's actually the foot of my old tights...this is what happens when you leave your O/H alone too long :rolleyes: )

What a fab photo Cookie, its like Minx is saying 'heeeyy' :giggle:

Aww, what a little cutie, Abby! Is his butt fur the bit that looks like it's being blown out to the side by a fan or something? mocking.gif

Lovely pics, again, Univerze. It totally looks like Fay is posing for that photo. Again, I'm struck by the quality of the pics. What type of dog do you have again?

More great pics of Quinn, Paula. He is one chilled out cat!

mocking.gif Cookie.

I missed Jasper while I was gone, and I swear I can notice him looking older in the space of a week and a half. He is still a little terror though. And even though he is being his usual aloof self, I have it on good authority from my friend who cat-sat for me that he spent a lot of time wandering the house looking for me and sitting at my bedroom door. Haha, Jasper, you've been sprung! He does care about me after all. :)

I missed Jasper while I was gone, and I swear I can notice him looking older in the space of a week and a half. He is still a little terror though. And even though he is being his usual aloof self, I have it on good authority from my friend who cat-sat for me that he spent a lot of time wandering the house looking for me and sitting at my bedroom door. Haha, Jasper, you've been sprung! He does care about me after all. :)

Of course Jasper cares hen, cats are just the kings and queens of indifference! :giggle: Quinn barely acknowledges me but she always runs to the door to come and see me when I come home :)

post-5625-010304700 1303069559_thumb.jpgI finally adopted a hamster today after years of wanting to. :) His name is Hamlet and he is a 4 1/2 month old teddy bear. He has really super long butt fur that makes him look kind of like a skunk, but hopefully he'll grow into it. :D

Hamlet is so cute Abby!, I love hamsters :)

Our girl cat died while we were away. Our lovely neighbour (who had been feeding them) very sweetly buried her in our garden so we wouldn't have to deal with all of that when we got home. He was so gutted for us. He chose a lovely spot in our garden too, so although we are sad we are so grateful that he took such good care of her. She apparently fell asleep on a towel in another neighbour's shady garden and just didn't wake up.

So now we have our boy cat only. He is asleep beside me now. Husband and I both reckon he may become a tad more spoiled now, with more occasions of chicken and things. We decided before our dog 'went' last year that we wouldn't replace the animals once they had died. So only the one left now. I'm going to hold on tight to him while I can.

Oh Chrissy, I'm so sorry to hear such bad news! :friends0: It must feel really hard not having had the chance to say goodbye, her having passed on while you were away. I'm so sorry :friends0: That's really nice of your neighbor.

Lovely pics, again, Univerze. It totally looks like Fay is posing for that photo. Again, I'm struck by the quality of the pics. What type of dog do you have again?

Thanks you! And this is one of our two, this one's a Bouvier (des Flandres).. we also have a little Yorkie, but she's not as tolerant and has to be kept out of the way as of yet.. takes her months to get used to a newcomer.

I almost don't feel like posting this, because I don't want to 'rub it in' so to speak, because Chrissy has just lost her dear cat.. but I know she wouldn't think that of me.

Now that it's spring and it's warm, all the dogs and the cats in the neighorhood are allowed to roam freely in their fenced backyards again, and this is making me ecstatic! I was just out on my balcony and this relatively new cat to the neighborhood, living on the first floor was out. He spotted me and was looking very inquisitive, what a beautiful black cat! She then fixed her eyes to the building next door and I started hearing this panting. I then realised the French bulldogs must be out and about and as I looked over, they were! They were playing tug-of-war with their owner. And lo and behold, from the apartment above them, out came this white poodle-sort-of-dog, very curious to see what's going on! It'll be interesting to see if I've got new neighbors and if there's a new canine addition to the pack. Oh how I love watching the pets in the neighborhood!

Edited by frankie

I'm glad you posted Frankie! :friends0: My favourite pastimes are people watching and animal watching, and this nice weather has really bought out all my neighbours cats and dogs!

My immediate neighbours have Rosie a long haired tortoiseshell cat who is so shy with a really lady like mieow. We also have Zulu a black cat who is in need of a cuddle, but won't let you near him. Then we have Pip, who is the fiestiest cat you can imagine. Her No 1 hobby is prancing about near to any on-lead dogs coming up our lane. They go batty about it , and I swear you can hear a chuckle coming from her! She can also run at great speed, so if one of those grossly provoked dogs ever got free she could probably outrun them. :lol:

:friends3: :friends3: :friends3: Chrissy :)

I was telling Frankie earlier than I was out hanging the washing in the backyard and Quinn was sitting at the kitchen window, which her eyes closed, enjoying the wind on her face, you would have loved to have seen her Chrissy I think. :)

Kylie ~ How's Jasper? :)

Edited by Weave

Jasper is going well. He is being naughty and mischievous as usual. My friend who cat-sat for me while I was away said that he missed me and he sat at my bedroom door and wandered the house looking for me. Now that I'm back he's paying me little attention as usual. rolleyes.gif I was only gone for a week and a half, but he looks a little older to me. Aww, they grow up so quickly!

Jasper is going well. He is being naughty and mischievous as usual. My friend who cat-sat for me while I was away said that he missed me and he sat at my bedroom door and wandered the house looking for me. Now that I'm back he's paying me little attention as usual. rolleyes.gif I was only gone for a week and a half, but he looks a little older to me. Aww, they grow up so quickly!

He knows your home and he's happy, they do grow up quickly, I miss kitten Quinn :giggle:

I'm so very sorry to hear about your cat, Chrissy :friends0:. It's so hard losing a pet, I know.

They do grow up fast, though! Sascha turns 6 in about a month and it just doesn't seem like I've had her that long (I got her when she was 10 wks old). She's very much a brat but I still love her :lol:.

Sasha is such a cat name isn't it? I guess because cats sashay at times. :D

Thanks for your warm hugs. We chatted about her and were teary at bed time, and today we will be marking her little grave with a slate heart with her name on it. My lovely neighbour could not have chosen a better spot for her, so that's lovely.

Sorry to hear about your cat Chrissy. Its always a shock when they go so suddenly.

We had a cat that did the same as what happened to yours, went to sleep in the neighbours garden and didnt wake up :( My mum was on holiday at the time too so to her that was a huge shock aswell :(

Keep spoiling your other cat too, thats what we do with our remaining two :D

Thanks for your warm hugs. We chatted about her and were teary at bed time, and today we will be marking her little grave with a slate heart with her name on it. My lovely neighbour could not have chosen a better spot for her, so that's lovely.

That sounds like a lovely idea, Chrissy. And your neighbour sounds really nice.

What age do cats live to, approximately?

That sounds like a lovely idea, Chrissy. And your neighbour sounds really nice.

What age do cats live to, approximately?

Hi Kylie, how are you? :) It varies, some cats can live until they are 21 (100 years old in human years), I think indoor cats live longer but with any pet, its about their diet, their breed etc. :) Our first cat lived until he was 18 :)

Edited by Weave

well I'm going to have another go at getting these pics of my new kitties on.

I think they're both boys so I quite lile Milo and Sebastian (Sebby for short) However Phil wants Kili and Fili (names of the Hobbits - geek!)

post-7767-092637800 1304269568_thumb.jpg

post-7767-091444300 1304269267_thumb.jpg

post-7767-065107000 1304269399_thumb.jpg

post-7767-005315800 1304269417_thumb.jpg

haha I like Cyril as well but we can't agree on anything as usual! I have however forgot how much stink cats can produce! Thankfully they're going on the litter tray now but when I first got them I must have bought the wrong type of litter as they left several presents for me which I could smell before even walking in the door! Ewwww how can so much stink come out of such a tiny cute body!!

Chrissy, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. :friends0:

Habeebi, your babies are so adorable!

Today I finally got my hammy, Hamlet, to try the daredevil ball and he absolutely LOVED it once he got inside. :) When it came time to put him back in the cage he wouldn't come out and kept trying to crawl back in and roll off. :giggle: Its hard to get a decent picture of him because he's so twitchy all the time.

post-5625-057923800 1304275280_thumb.jpg