Pets ~ Part Two

Chrissy

Itty bitty kitty Fay (though she's currently at 2,1 kg so not too itty bitty anymore, she's also just exchanged/changes her canine teeth, not only (pre)molars to go) and me today.. our doggy was just walking by, is why she's looking away.. ;)

mefay1.jpg

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Itty bitty kitty Fay (though she's currently at 2,1 kg so not too itty bitty anymore, she's also just exchanged/changes her canine teeth, not only (pre)molars to go) and me today.. our doggy was just walking by, is why she's looking away.. ;)

mefay1.jpg

What a gorgeous photo of you both :)

Sorry for boring you all with my cats, its the Quinn (aka 'Her Ladyship' :giggle:) ~

Quinnrelaxing.jpg

^Having a wee nap last night :)

Quinninabag.jpg

^Deciding that plastic bags are fun to sit in :)

Thanks Weave! :)

And yeah, what that is with cats and plastic bags.. buy the fanciest of toys, but throw ONE plastic bag on the floor and Jamie's forgotten all about any toy there is and crawls in the bag.. Fay's too small yet, plus she's not able to walk free just yet since our doggy's a bit mean every now and then, not used to her yet, but I imagine her doing that too when she's bigger.

We should just all save our plastic supermarket bags. The crinkly ones (like ASDA etc) are best. ;)

Thanks Weave! :)

And yeah, what that is with cats and plastic bags.. buy the fanciest of toys, but throw ONE plastic bag on the floor and Jamie's forgotten all about any toy there is and crawls in the bag.. Fay's too small yet, plus she's not able to walk free just yet since our doggy's a bit mean every now and then, not used to her yet, but I imagine her doing that too when she's bigger.

We should just all save our plastic supermarket bags. The crinkly ones (like ASDA etc) are best. ;)

Fay is coming leaps and bounds, its great to see Univerze, Jamie and Fay are gorgeous (I just love cats!), yeah Quinn sounds like Jamie, she has loads of toys but would rather play with plastics bags and pieces of paper! she is such a funny wee bundle, Dylan just looks at her in total bemusement :)

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I just love Fay's colouring, Univerze. :) And have I ever mentioned what a stunner you are? Whenever I see your av, I think 'wow, she's so pretty!' :smile2:

Weave, Quinn is certainly living the good life with you! She looks so content in every pic you post. :giggle:

Jasper had his first trip to the vet last night. Luckily it was only a couple of minutes drive down the road, but he voiced his discontent loudly the entire way! The staff were just lovely, and they have a special cat hospital there, so Jasper and I got a waiting room to ourselves and all the dogs were in a separate area. Ha!

Jasper got his booster shot and only squeaked a little. He was very brave and mummy was very proud. :blush: He was roaming all around the room in his usual inquisitive way and the vet said he was a very confident cat and that if I can handle Jasper I'll be able to handle any cat. :giggle2: We had a good chat and she gave me some great advice and clipped his claws for me (it's made such a difference!) Jasper was very quiet when we got home and slept for ages (an effect of the shot?)

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I just love Fay's colouring, Univerze. :) And have I ever mentioned what a stunner you are? Whenever I see your av, I think 'wow, she's so pretty!' :smile2:

Weave, Quinn is certainly living the good life with you! She looks so content in every pic you post. :giggle:

Jasper had his first trip to the vet last night. Luckily it was only a couple of minutes drive down the road, but he voiced his discontent loudly the entire way! The staff were just lovely, and they have a special cat hospital there, so Jasper and I got a waiting room to ourselves and all the dogs were in a separate area. Ha!

Jasper got his booster shot and only squeaked a little. He was very brave and mummy was very proud. :blush: He was roaming all around the room in his usual inquisitive way and the vet said he was a very confident cat and that if I can handle Jasper I'll be able to handle any cat. :giggle2: We had a good chat and she gave me some great advice and clipped his claws for me (it's made such a difference!) Jasper was very quiet when we got home and slept for ages (an effect of the shot?)

I'm glad everything went well at the vet for Jasper, you are a great Mummy hen :D He needed a wee sleep after his jag, both of my cats were the same, I hope that helps. :hug:

Such great photos, everyone! :D

I'm glad Jasper is getting along so well, Kylie. Do you ever see in the shops those little foam golf balls? Sascha LOVES them - they are her favorite toy. I think she has a dozen of them because she loves to make them disappear and they are cheap so I keep buying them. She also likes putting them in my shoes :lol:. Once a friend of mine was over to fix something and when he got home and opened his tool box he found a ball in there that she had stashed.

Do any of your guys' cats ever drag things around? Every once in awhile I'll come home and the throw blanket that I have on the back of the sofa is by the front door. I wish I could put a camera out and film her during the day to see what exactly she does while I'm gone!

I'm glad everything went well at the vet for Jasper, you are a great Mummy hen :D He needed a wee sleep after his jag, both of my cats were the same, I hope that helps. :hug:

Aw, thanks Weave! :smile2: Yes, it helps to know that your cats were the same. The staff told me I could call them any time, even their after hours emergency number, to ask whatever question I might have, no matter how silly. That's very reassuring. :)

I'm glad Jasper is getting along so well, Kylie. Do you ever see in the shops those little foam golf balls? Sascha LOVES them - they are her favorite toy. I think she has a dozen of them because she loves to make them disappear and they are cheap so I keep buying them. She also likes putting them in my shoes :lol:. Once a friend of mine was over to fix something and when he got home and opened his tool box he found a ball in there that she had stashed.

Do any of your guys' cats ever drag things around? Every once in awhile I'll come home and the throw blanket that I have on the back of the sofa is by the front door. I wish I could put a camera out and film her during the day to see what exactly she does while I'm gone!

I did see some cheap balls the other day and I thought of buying some. Actually, I remember seeing a little ball with a bell inside that I think Jasper would really love. My floor is already littered with his little toys and bits of paper and whatever else he has managed to find. He also loves playing with my vertical blinds. He runs behind and through them and has a jolly old time. :D

Yes, Jasper drags things around! And he manages to pull my clothes off the airer and leave them on the floor. He has taken my bath plugs out of the bathroom and left them in the hallway. I'm with you: I would love to film my kitty during the day to see what he gets up to!

I forgot to ask my vet a question last night...I bought a scratching mat to hang from a doorknob but I haven't been letting Jasper use it because he kept trying to eat a little feathered thing that hangs from the top. I've noticed a lot of cat toys with feathers but I'm not sure that it's healthy for Jasper to eat. Any advice?

Ooh, and I got a brilliant idea for an outdoor play area for Jasper. I'm going to perhaps buy an old bird aviary and do it up with little tunnels and ramps so Jasper can play safely outside without getting into mischief. :)

Edited by Kylie

Hi Kylie, how are you? I'm not sure about feathers, I vaguely remember Dylan having a toy like that and he didn't bother with it but all cats are different, I don't think they do any harm (but don't quote me), its the same with all toys, keeping an eye on them, you are doing all the right things hen, you are a great mummy to Jasper (oh I forgot to say, I hear ya about their claws being clipped, what a difference it makes) :D

Thanks Weave. Part of me says, 'Well, if feathers are dangerous to cats, surely they wouldn't put them on toys' but I want to be on the safe side.

Jasper tried to claw at me last night, and I was like 'Ha! You can't scratch me anymore!'

He apparently likes to sleep on my arms so I'm unable to move without disrupting him (he comes to me so rarely that I will stay dead still if it means he will stay with me!) If I'm on my laptop he'll lay right across both arms so I can barely move my fingers. :giggle: I keep a camera near me at all times now so I can catch him at his cutest. :)

Thanks Weave. Part of me says, 'Well, if feathers are dangerous to cats, surely they wouldn't put them on toys' but I want to be on the safe side.

Jasper tried to claw at me last night, and I was like 'Ha! You can't scratch me anymore!'

He apparently likes to sleep on my arms so I'm unable to move without disrupting him (he comes to me so rarely that I will stay dead still if it means he will stay with me!) If I'm on my laptop he'll lay right across both arms so I can barely move my fingers. :giggle: I keep a camera near me at all times now so I can catch him at his cutest. :)

Aw that is so cute hen, ask your vet about feathers (I know you would anyway, I don't mean to sound patronising), Quinn is not a lap cat at all, Dylan just sleeps where he lands on you :giggle:

I just saw all your comments now, and thankies, it's enough to make me blush. :blush:

More kitty spam;

Our tiger Jamie today;

jamie29maart2011-4.jpg

jamie29maart2011-2.jpg

jamie29maart2011-3.jpg

You take such fantastic photos of your lovely cats Univerze :) Jamie has the most beautiful eyes :)

Fay is beautiful, she looks such a graceful little lady :)

Quinn (ever not the lady :giggle:) has decided to barge everyone out the way when she wants something, poor Dylan was in her path last time. :hug:

We have 3 cats: Poco, Diamond and Guinevere. They are all same litter. They love to play and also to hunt. They go crazy about gekkos onceiling and sometimes they catch them. Often they grab gekkos tail and then it comes off but gekko gets away. Once all 3 of them were fighting a really nasty tokay, and another time they were ganging up on a viper, but luckily I saw this and flung snake over a wall with a broom. All 3 cats follow me around and try to follow me aroud village but they won't go very far because of all the dogs.

Made this (and tons more) of Jamie and Fay today, they're slowly getting used to each other, especially on my room, with me present and just watching to see if big Jamie doesn't accidentally (don't think he'll hurt her on purpose anymore) hurt our little lady..

Aww thanks! I try! :D Just wish I had a better camera, but they cost fortunes, but for now, this one will serve.

It's funny that you should say that, because I've been admiring the excellent quality of the photos and wishing I had a camera that good!

Made this (and tons more) of Jamie and Fay today, they're slowly getting used to each other, especially on my room, with me present and just watching to see if big Jamie doesn't accidentally (don't think he'll hurt her on purpose anymore) hurt our little lady..

I agree with Kylie, your camera is brilliant Univerze, I love the video, especially how Fay looks at Jamie, they are both adorable and so cherished :)

Aww well thanks ladies.. but I guess I am spoiled, my ex used to have this really fancy camera that let you take amazing shots, but I just have this red Samsung digital camera (don't ask me more about it hee hee, I just know that).. and in bright daylight it's fine, but when it's slightly darker, it is blah.

Aww, seems our itty bitty Fay of just 5 months is, how you say it I don't know, coming in heat? For the first time already.. you know, ready to mate?

better call the vet tomorrow. *sighs* She's so tiny still, in my eyes she is still a baby, know it can happen this early though, she's early with everything.

• 2 weeks later...
post-5625-010304700 1303069559_thumb.jpgI finally adopted a hamster today after years of wanting to. :) His name is Hamlet and he is a 4 1/2 month old teddy bear. He has really super long butt fur that makes him look kind of like a skunk, but hopefully he'll grow into it. :D Edited by AbielleRose

post-5625-010304700 1303069559_thumb.jpgI finally adopted a hamster today after years of wanting to. :) His name is Hamlet and he is a 4 1/2 month old teddy bear. He has really super long butt fur that makes him look kind of like a skunk, but hopefully he'll grow into it. :D

I love his pink nose!!!

post-6244-023978600 1303071857_thumb.jpg

This is Minx my cat wearing a hat.

(It's actually the foot of my old tights...this is what happens when you leave your O/H alone too long :rolleyes: )