Pets ~ Part Two

Chrissy

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay! I would like to take this opportunity to say that I love my dog Murphy very, very much! He is the little stinker in my photo with me, And no, before anyone asks I wouldn't have dreamt of having my wedding without him there. Have had him since I was 10. I also have an adorable little hamster called Honey (which we nickname the hamonster). :lol:

Yay! I would like to take this opportunity to say that I love my dog Murphy very, very much! He is the little stinker in my photo with me, And no, before anyone asks I wouldn't have dreamt of having my wedding without him there. Have had him since I was 10. I also have an adorable little hamster called Honey (which we nickname the hamonster). :lol:

That is so lovely bunny, of course Murphy should have be there for your big day :)

You have seen enough photos of them to know that I have two cats, Dylan (who is completely white and for some reason, adores me!) and Quinn (who is a tabby) and rules us :lol:

Edited by Weave

Don't remember if I ever mentioned my pet here. If I did, you know this, and if I didn't you'll soon know. Let me introduce my cat, an elderly gentleman named Max. He likes hunting, getting to know the neighbours, knocking on windows in the middle of the night to see if he can scare anyone, and he's also quite fond of being carried around by children. He looks exactly like the cat in my profile picture, but I actually found that on Icanhascheezburger.

We don't have any pets at the moment. I used to have dogs, rabbits, guiniepigs and fish when I was a kid, and my sister also had mice and hamsters at various points. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to feathers, fur and cat and dog saliva, which kind of puts paid to me having many regular pets!

I adore reptiles and would love to keep an iguana, lizard or snake, but we don't have the room for an iguana and I can't stand the thought of feeding crickets and mealworms to a lizard, or mice to a snake.

We're planning on getting a couple of fish in a small tank for Xan's birthday as he loves watching fish and I think he'll enjoy feeding them and watching them swim about when he has some of his very own. :)

That is so lovely bunny, of course Murphy should have be there for your big day :)

You have seen enough photos of them to know that I have two cats, Dylan (who is completely white and for some reason, adores me!) and Quinn (who is a tabby) and rules us :lol:

I think that is generally a cat thing eh? They rule and are quite independent. Whereas dogs are suckers for treats therefore will never get the upper hand over anyone (or thing). :giggle:

I got my baby, Piper! She is so much smaller than I thought she'd be!!! So far she's just been sleeping, the poor thing has had quite a trip (4 hours!) and is just tuckered out from all the big changes. The first pic is of her playing with my fingers, the second is her exploring my bed (she's too tiny to jump up on it!) and the third is her after I woke her up to take a picture of her :)

post-5625-060822900 1281903807_thumb.jpg

post-5625-060576200 1281903825_thumb.jpg

post-5625-011452300 1281903884_thumb.jpg

Edited by CaliLily

Aww she's is gorgeous CaliLily! So cute! I'm sure you'll have her nursed back to health in no time. Can't wait to see pics of her as she grows up ;) You have great taste in names by the way ;) Gonna be hard to get used to a cat named Piper rather than a rottweiler, big difference!! :lol:

Thanks guys :) I feel so heartbroken the more I get to know her. You can tell something bad happened to her before being dumped. She shakes at first when you pet her and if you make any sudden movements she curls up like you're going to hit her. Its so sad because she's only about 4 weeks old. How someone could ever harm an animal, I'll never understand. She hides under the bed unless she gets a little 'brave' spurt and decides to come and attack my toes. Poor baby.

I mostly prefer animals to humans. I abhor cruelty to animals and worry about my reaction to the possibility of ever witnessing such an act. I'm concerned I would commit an act of violence towards the perpetrator. My own cat must have been abused terribly before he found a home here - he's terrified of men (he's even wary of me, the guy that feeds and loves him!) and does not venture far from the house at all. The poor sod. huh.gif

Poor thing! I didn't realize you were a cat man, Mac. :) They're such sweet creatures, despite their 'godly' reputation. Its so sad to see people treating animals like objects rather than living, breathing beings. I'm much more an animal person too. Animals aren't malicious, they don't plot or seek to hurt people.

ooh!

My dog is named Snofee. I named her that when I was younger. I don't know why.

But she's been with us for a while...

But we took her to the vet yesterday and something terrible happened!

There was this new vet lady and she.. shaved her butt and tail! x_______x

She looks SO messed up now... and my father keeps calling her monkey butt. :/

5500_215140880292_215135645292_7685417_4759772_n.jpg

That's one of her

.. I would show you all a photo of her new monkey butt, but my mother says I'm not allowed to take photos of it because snofee will be embarrassed. :doh:

I'll also add some information on her:

She smells bad sometimes.. it's 'cause she rolls in dead things after running through the swamp.

Interests: Scratching my door at night, barking at nothing, panting loudly while one tries to sleep, being grumpy, ignoring mother, hurting my hamsters, dragging home sticks, running from the vacuum, hiding, eating my dinner, freaking out.

Edited by Clement

Yeah I feel for her too..

Even if she acts like she's more important than me. (She has recently decided that my room is now hers.) :(

Also, I love your kitty!!! >/////< I've always loved cats!

I'm allergic, but I still have to play with one whenever I see it :)

Edited by Clement

Abby, I had no idea you were getting a cat! What a cute creature, I'm sure once she gets used to the new surroundings and you always being nice to her she will make the most bestest and most loyal friend :smile2:

Clement, Snofee is absolutely adorable!! Poor monkey butt.

Thanks guys :) I feel so heartbroken the more I get to know her. You can tell something bad happened to her before being dumped. She shakes at first when you pet her and if you make any sudden movements she curls up like you're going to hit her. Its so sad because she's only about 4 weeks old. How someone could ever harm an animal, I'll never understand. She hides under the bed unless she gets a little 'brave' spurt and decides to come and attack my toes. Poor baby.

That's just terrible, poor little mite. I worked at a dog rehoming centre for a while and some of the stuff you see...I really don't have much tolerance for human beings sometimes.

We rescued our dog and will definitely rescue again.

Give Piper lots of love and cuddles! :friends0:

Snofee will bear the embarrassing shave with dignity, I'm sure Clement, bless her. Scratch behind her ears from me, eh? This is the first period in my life where I have not had a dog. I miss having one, but my schedule doesn't allow me time and to have one would be cruel. Funnily enough, I'm thinking of setting up my own business so I can have a dog. I love 'em.

Your little cat is very very cute Abby, and Clement I love it when dogs think they own you rather than the other way round.

I would love to have a dog too but it would not be fair with working so I will settle on my monstrous Guinea Pigs who trate me like a lettuce and food dispenser.

Your little cat is very very cute Abby, and Clement I love it when dogs think they own you rather than the other way round.

I would love to have a dog too but it would not be fair with working so I will settle on my monstrous Guinea Pigs who trate me like a lettuce and food dispenser.

Hehe, I love your Guinea Pigs, Pickle. :D They are one of the cutest animals out there! You should post some new pics of them sometime soon!

Thanks everyone. The baby 'sort' of slept through the night (until I took away her jingly balls... THEN she got bored at 2am and decided to sleep) She's going to the vet today because she definitely has a broken rib and I want to make sure that gets healed properly. Also, she hasn't made a single peep since I brought her home. No meow, no purr, no hiss, absolutely no sound. When I pet her I can feel her purring vibrations, but can't hear anything. Could something be wrong with her throat or are some cats just silent?

@ caliLily When we first got our cat he didn't know how to meow at all - I know, sounds silly :D

He opened his mouth, looked like he was yawning, made a sort of sigh-sound and closed his mouth again. Which was weird. And funny.

Anyway, you should hear him yell now :lol: He's meowin alright lol.

Maybe your kitty just can't or won't make a sound now, but will in the future. Although, I don't know what happened with it causing the broken rib, maybe it's still sort of traumatised.

Good luck with that, and yes, your kitty is cuuute :giggle:

I think that is generally a cat thing eh? They rule and are quite independent. Whereas dogs are suckers for treats therefore will never get the upper hand over anyone (or thing). :giggle:

You are so right bunny, its definitely a cat thing, I love dogs too but we are not allowed them in our flats :)