Anyone Else Golf?

mtjm

I love to golf, it is perhaps my favorite hobby (Also a very expensive one). There is nothing more relaxing to me then stepping up to the first tee box before a round of 18 and just staring down the fairway looking at that flag.

Anyone else a golfer?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

What a breathtaking Ryder Cup that was - amazing performances by the Americans on the first two days, stunning comeback by the Europeans yesterday :o I was so tense, when Kaymer holed the putt that retained the cup I've never felt so elated and relieved :lol:

What an amazing few months of sport it's been :D

I'd love to golf, but I don't have any talent for it at all. It's best for everyone if I stick to miniature golfing.

I do like watching the big golfing events on TV though. Ernie Els is my all-time favorite golfer. :)

I'm still on a high from the Ryder Cup result this year. I was watching it on the big screen in the pub and although not many people there were golf fans, there was an almighty cheer when Kaymer holed that putt. Then another almost as loud when Tiger made sure we won it outright. :haha:

In all fairness, was a sensational end to a mesmerising summer of sport. With the Americans absolutely dominating the first two days, coupled with the fact they had such a fantastic team of stars, I didn't expect us to have any chance in the singles matches on the final day. But alas we battled hard and it was one of my favourite sporting moments of this summer - despite having so many to choose from.

Edited by Ben

• 9 months later...

Westwood may be the best golfer to never win a major Tournament like the British Open.

Let's hope that changes today but it probably plays on his mind a bit .. though he seems quite focused. The title is up for grabs really because there are quite a few in contention still and the course is playing so unpredictably. Should make for a fantastic last day :)

• 1 year later...

I watched some of the coverage last night, but he was only on the 12th hole when I went to bed, so I missed the end.  A great tournament indeed, and although I'm not a huge fan of golf (although I like watching the Ryder Cup), it was quite entertaining to watch … some of the undulations of the greens were just plain cruel! :D

I watched some of the coverage last night, but he was only on the 12th hole when I went to bed, so I missed the end.  A great tournament indeed, and although I'm not a huge fan of golf (although I like watching the Ryder Cup), it was quite entertaining to watch … some of the undulations of the greens were just plain cruel! :D

Did you notice the "beauty" of the entire golf course. I haven't seen another course as beautiful as Augusta National. Spieth is a nice 21 year old after the tournament he thanked everyone including the kitchen help. During play he also gave a thumbs up when a competitor made a very good shot.

Edited by muggle not

• 2 months later...

Spieth has also won the Open over a disappointed Johnson. Chambers Bay was a challenging golf course to say the least.

Day, from Australia played a couple of the most courageous rounds of golf that I have seen. He actually collapsed on the course in the second round. Kudos to him for his performance.

• 4 weeks later...