I Need a new Mystery series

I need a new crime/mystery series!

I have finished the Harry Bosch series to date (all connelly's books actually)

I have finished the patrick Bowers series!

I tried to read the Alex Cross series and it was a little to dirty for me.

I am looking for a mystery series in which I can fully throw myself into! something not too dirty, I don't mind the violence, I think thats part that makes the book, however I'm not so much into every other word being a F word. I know the Bosch series uses it but its like twice a book or so, also a little on the non-raunchy side.

any help would be greatly appretiated(sp?)... thank you so much!

Hi mtjm, how are you?, check out Linwood Barclay, I read his first book and it was good, a bit of bad language though :)

1. When the Bough Breaks (1985)

aka Shrunken Heads

2. Blood Test (1986)

3. Over the Edge (1987)

4. Silent Partner (1989)

5. Time Bomb (1990)

6. Private Eyes (1991)

7. Devil's Waltz (1992)

8. Bad Love (1993)

9. Self Defense (1994)

10. The Web (1995)

11. The Clinic (1996)

12. Survival of the Fittest (1997)

13. Monster (1999)

14. Doctor Death (2000)

15. Flesh and Blood (2001)

16. The Murder Book (2002)

17. A Cold Heart (2003)

18. Therapy (2004)

19. Rage (2005)

20. Gone (2006)

21. Obsession (2007)

22. Compulsion (2008)

23. Bones (2008)

24. Evidence (2009)

25. Deception (2010)

26. Mystery (2011)

Jonathan Kellerman Omnibus (omnibus) (1996)

The First Alex Delaware Omnibus (omnibus) (2001)

I've read and enjoyed quite a few of them :)

How about Mark Billingham's Tom Thorne series. First book is called Sleepyhead.

Or try looking on www.fantasticfiction.com - it's a great website that list authors and all their books in order. You can click on one author and it will suggest others you may like, although obviously there is no guarantee you will like them!

I recommend the series by Peter Robinson, his detective is Chief Inspector Alan Banks. I've only read one in the middle of the series, In A Dry Season and was favorably impressed. Enough to buy 4 more of the series. Evidently they do not have to be read in order, so no worries about that.

Thank you for more suggestions, I tried the Cole and Pike series and was embarassed by all the bad language and sexist remarks. I am a fairly religous man and don't enjoy all of that but I don't mind a little bad language, may try the John Connelly series again.

Pipread recommended Jonathan Kellerman, but I'd like to put forward his wife.....Faye Kellerman, and her 'Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus' series. In many ways a police procedural series, but with the intriguing relationships of the protagonists.

Another terrific series of books are Dorothy L Sayers 'Lord Peter Wimsey'series. Definitely from times past, the dates and settings do not diminish the taut mysteries.

I'd suggest the Wallander series by Swedish author Henning Mankell, translated into English by Laurie Thompson. The first of the series is Faceless Killers - I'd advise to read it in order of publication, as the main character changes along the books.

It's so far the best Swedish author I've read, nothing compared to the overrated Stieg Larsson's Millenium series.

Now how am I supposed to read all these series? Geez... you ask for a little help and a I get a ton of books dropped on me!!! :doh:

Just kidding everyone, thanks so much for all the help I can't wait to dive into all these novels.

I have passed on the robert Crais novels, a little too many curse words for me.

I passed on the John Connelly Novels (but may return to them) nothing wrong with them just was a little bored in Every Dead Thing

I am reading When the Bough Breaks by Jonathon Kellerman and am about 150 pages in and am thoroughly enjoying it!!!

thanks everyone

Edited by mtjm

I finished the second in the Alex Deleware series and quite honestly I like the series but it can be a bit boring. I will continue with the third but I am going to take a break and start something else. Has anyone read the Restoration series by Terri Blackstock. I picked up the first book on clearence and seems its pretty interesting? Anyone ? :giggle2:

I really love the The Story of a crime series by Maj Sjöwall & Per Wahlöö. Written in the 1960s-1970s and a total of 10 books in the collection. Starring main police investigator Martin Beck and his collegues Gunvald Larsson and Lennart Kollberg. Swedish. Lots of mystery and critisism of society. Very well written and very good, still today.

Maj Sjöwall & Per Wahlöö's books

As good as Stieg Larsson´s 3 Millennium books, if not even better! :)

Edited by emelee