Zombie book recommendations

Georgie

My bf never read a book in his life, but because of me, now he seems to be interested in them. He loves zombies so i thought it would be a good idea to get one for him, but unfortunately i don't know any of them. ;)

I haven't searched but thought ill ask anyway :)

Any help would be appreciated :):D

Hmm. You might recommend Shaun Hutson books to him, then. Very gory. Extremely bloody and violent, very bloke-ish books.

Unmarked Graves might suit him, also Renegades is kind of in the same vein as I recall. But I'd start him off with Unmarked Graves.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Damn, someone already beat me to World War Z.

I recommend it - it's a great zombie read (wish someone would do it justice in the cinema - would be better than the Day of the Dead remake!)

Actually I just read online somewhere that they ARE doing WORLD WAR Z as a movie. Supposedly the script is in the works now, being written by J. Michael Strazcynski(probably butchered that spelling).

But yes, this is probably the best and most serious Zombie book ever. It shows how just about every different culture on earth would react and be affected by it. I would totally make this one your pick.

• 1 year later...
I just bought a book called The Forest of Hands & Teeth. I think it is about zombies but I'm not sure whether or not it has a love story thrown in there :D

It's very good, as is the sequel - The Dead-Tossed Waves :D

Oooh, let me know if that's any good India, I like the sound of that!

I will! Im reading it after i finish the book im currently on

It's very good, as is the sequel - The Dead-Tossed Waves :D

I'll have to order that one soon haha :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can I be as bold as to recommend my own novel, Dead Beat. A British take on the zombie genre, set in a rural English village. It's been out since July in paperback and kindle, and touch wood it's been doing well! If you ever read and liked James Herbert, I don't think you'd be disappointed. Cheers, Remy

Can I be as bold as to recommend my own novel, Dead Beat. A British take on the zombie genre, set in a rural English village. It's been out since July in paperback and kindle, and touch wood it's been doing well! If you ever read and liked James Herbert, I don't think you'd be disappointed. Cheers, Remy

Thats your book???!!! Oh my! I have seen this on Amazon.co.uk. and is on my wishlist and I will be buying soon. It has had nothing but five stars.

I'm trying not to kiss your ass, but by the the reviews on amazon it really does sound awesome. Can I PM you my review when I'm done. Or if you are still an active member you will read my review here.

Welcome to the forum

CW.

As for the thread. I too would recommend WWZ.

There are so many good Zombie books right now. If you want some Good Zombie apocolyse books, great recommendations is Flu by Wayne Simmons. Just type in that in amazon and it will lead you to loads of great books on the market right now.

Yes WWZ is awesome! My good pal Iain McKinnon also has a good one under the Permuted Press banner, Domain of the Dead. Another one I loved was The Words of Their Roaring by Matt Smith. My book Dead Beat had an overnight Amazon UK kindle staore ranking of 92, and 3rd in horror. Amazed by that!

Any more reviews on Amazon would be very welcome! Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Do you like to buy horror novels as kindles? Mine seems to do far better in that format. Upto 788 overall in paid kindles today, (9th in horror).

No e - books are not my cup of tea at all. I can't read things electronically or over the internet on a computer screen. You just don't get the same pleasure as reading a proper paperback or hardback book. I also don't read many horror books anyway!