Favorite Manga

Echo

I know that there are a lot of people who read manga on here, so I thought I would start a thread for us to list our favorite manga series. :)

Mine are:

Bleach

Darker Than Black

Death Note

FLCL

Anything by Osamu Tezuka (especially MW)

I also have a ton on my wish list, including:

Black Butler

Blood +

Solanin

Black Blizzard

Apollo's Song

Buddha

Barefoot Gen

Even though I'm an adult woman, I do like a lot of the shonen manga, and anything with a darker theme. But I'm also interested in the "slice-of-life" manga novels, like Solanin, not simple, and Ayako.

So, what are your favorites? Do you have a favorite artist? What kind of manga do you like?

Cool thread! I like most styles, though I do tend towards shojo. My favourites so far are

Bleach

Chobits

Negima!

Tsubasa

Hot gimmick

and D.N.Angel

At the moment I'm looking for a quick series, maybe something like hot gimmick or chobits. Any ideas? :blush:

Wow! That is a quick series, even in animé terms! Just the thing for when I'm between books. Any really good pictures for sketching in there? Its one of my hobbies...

Chocolate Hobbits?!

Haha not quite, these are slightly less hairy! :P They are persocoms. Think personal computers that look like humans (very pretty ones though) and the chobits story is about a special persocom that might have the ability to love :giggle:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ruben, I've heard that Vagabond is good, but I've never read it.

I've been reading (and watching) Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji) and it's become yet another addiction. It's amazing, amazing, amazing.....

Oh, and I just received my Bleach box set. It includes the first 21 volumes, so I'm very happy today!

I don't seem to ever have the money to invest on mangas, so I usually borrow them and then the person I'm borrowing from stops buying the series in question just when I'm getting into it *grrr* still, my favourites - whether I actually managed to finish them or not is another matter altogether - are:

Dragonball & Dragonball Z

Hellsing

Berserk (technically too violent, too graphic, too everything for me, but the story is just that good!)

Fushigi Yugi

I also adored the animes of Versailles no Bara and Saint Seya (together with Dragonball & Dragonball Z, I watched little else as a teenager), so the mangas of those are definitely on my TBR.

I've heard good things about Hellsing, and the artwork looks like it's right up my alley. I might have to try it out!

I read most of my manga online, since most of the series get scanlated pretty quickly. That's how I'm able to keep up with Bleach and Black Butler, which are still ongoing. (I'm waiting for Bleach to come out tonight, in fact.) There are a ton of good sites.

Do give Hellsing a go Echo, if you enjoy good vs. evil stories which blur the boundaries between the good and the evil, you'll love it. The only way I can describe Alucard is a Lestat with a sense of humour - and guns. Doesn't get much better than that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just discovered today that there are 4 manga graphic novels that form the sequel to the film Labyrinth (yes, the film starring David Bowie). I ordered the first 3 today as soon as I found out - LOL! I would have ordered the fourth too, but it was only available 2nd hand - I'll have to check my local bookshops and see if I can get it there...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still loving Bleach, even though the main storyline just ended. But Tite Kubo is going to be doing more storylines, in order to explore the histories of several characters, and hopefully to answer some questions.

I'm also up to date with Black Butler and the second Darker Than Black manga.

Has anyone read Pandora Hearts or D. Gray Man? Those are next on my list to try.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I've started reading D. Gray-man and I've bought all the manga volumes (which seem pretty up-to-date with the Japanese release of the chapters) and I've watched every episode of the anime. Yes another addiction! So, now my favorites are:

Bleach

Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler)

D. Gray-man

Darker Than Black

Pandora Hearts is next on my list.

• 4 months later...

I watched the Ouran high school host club anime (I love my funny romance stuff) and became addicted so now starting my Ouran manga collection :giggle2: