Apps for the iphone/ipod touch/ipad

Nici

I haven't looked at this thread since I got an iPad. Thanks for bumping it, Peace. :)

I downloaded Words for Friends but haven't played it. Now that I know others here are playing it, maybe I'll give it a go. Can one play against a computer though? That's really what I'd prefer to do.

I have a small, free version of Angry Birds but I got stuck on one level and just gave up on it. Maybe I'd enjoy it more if I bought the full version.

Peace, I love Smurfs' Village, Zombie Cafe, Restaurant Story and Lil Pirates. Beware though, they're all big time-wasters! These are my favourite types of games because they involve earning money and experience to build up a city/restaurant etc.

GoGoGadget is also addictive. It's one of those eternal scrolling games starring Inspector Gadget on roller skates (can you tell I'm a child of the 80s/90s?). I also have a join-the-dots-type game called Skill Game that can be rather tricky and addictive.

If you like card games, I recommend Spider. It's a variation of regular ol' Solitaire and is (I think) more addictive.

I only play free games so far (because I'm a cheapskate), but those first four games I listed have in-app purchases that you can make to buy certain things to move through the game more quickly. So far I'm being patient and doing everything very slowly, but I'm getting more and more tempted to buy some toxins for Zombie Cafe.

I do a lot less reading on the train now that I tote my iPad everywhere I go. :rolleyes:

Nice, thanks for all the game tips, Kylie! :D I'll probably just stick with the free stuff at first, but I'm just looking forward to having a new phone more than anything. Mine is almost 4 years old plus the carrier I'm with has horrid service where I live. Now that I'll be switching carriers and getting a new phone hopefully I won't have to stand out on my terrace to get a signal!

I don't have iphone but I do have an android and a lot of the apps are available on both....I tried Words With Friends and had way too many bugs...I play Wordfeud, which is the same thing...and no issues. I LOVE angry birds...highly addicting....and android has their own version of Plants vs. Zombies called Pumpkins vs. Monsters....also have a word search one...a memory game and will have to check what else...I'm obviously big into wasting time :giggle2:

My favourite apps on my iphone are;

Slice it - A fun slicing game that is highly addictive!

I have all 3 Angry Birds games and am addicted to all 3!

Cut the Rope - however I do need to collect some more stars to get some more levels!

Fruit Ninja is fun to play with friends if they have the app too.

I like The Sims 3 and Plants vs Zombies as the kind of 'big' games!

I also have ibookshelf which holds my wishlist.

My iPhone was waiting for me when I got home last night so I've been playing with it! I started looking through all the free apps but there are so many, I haven't even made my way to the games yet, oops! For now I've got downloaded the apps for Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, Starbucks (first one I did :lol:), Amazon, CNN, iBookshelf, Fooducate, Pandora Radio and IMDB.

I'm going to look for all the games you guys mentioned today :D.

My iPhone was waiting for me when I got home last night so I've been playing with it! I started looking through all the free apps but there are so many, I haven't even made my way to the games yet, oops! For now I've got downloaded the apps for Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, Starbucks (first one I did :lol:), Amazon, CNN, iBookshelf, Fooducate, Pandora Radio and IMDB.

I'm going to look for all the games you guys mentioned today :D.

what's the Starbucks one? Will it get me free coffee?? :D

what's the Starbucks one? Will it get me free coffee?? :D

:lol: I wish! I think it tells you where the nearest Starbucks is, info on all of their drinks, checking on card balances, fave drinks, jobs, etc.

:lol: I wish! I think it tells you where the nearest Starbucks is, info on all of their drinks, checking on card balances, fave drinks, jobs, etc.

for the longest time starbucks scared me :giggle2: I think just knowing all that choice and those "professional" coffeemakers intimidated me! So I finally mustered up the courage a couple years ago to go in and get.........a regular coffee. And that's what I have gotten every time I went there (which wasn't all that often) until last week....a friend told me about some really good drink that was half iced tea/half lemonade, I figured how hard can that be? Then the guy proceeded to ask, what kind of tea? After a long awkward pause and my just blinking at him, he rambled off the choices, I made one, then do I want sweetened or unsweetened? Now that one I had a quick answer for! Do I want this or that added? Are you kidding me??? I want half iced tea, half lemonade...that's it!! lol Anyway, I think I can use the app :giggle2:

What the Font - lets you take a picture of a sign, poster, etc and will determine what fonts were used

Epicurious - a whole slew of recipes, categorized

CNN - up to the minute news app

OPI - for nail polish lovers, this lets you view every shape of OPI nail polish. categorized by Collection

Netflix - if you have a Netflix account, this lets you manage it from your app on your smartphone

Instagram - gives you pretty filters you can use to give your iphone-taken photos more character

Alarmed - alarm app that lets you wake up to your own playlist... also does a ton of other things

Lose It! - lets you track your daily calories, wait goals, exercise calories burned, etc. very easy because it already has a ton of food items stored up so you're not manually entering the statistics for the food

ShopSavvy - lets you scan barcodes of products/items in stores, and automatically tells you where you can buy it online cheaper

TMZ - celebrity gossip app

AllRecipes - more recipes!

WallpapersHD - pretty wallpapers for your iphone, categorized and filtered

WallpaperFree - same thing as above, just different images

Handy Level - ideal for hanging pictures and things straight when you don't have a level handy

These are all free. :)

for the longest time starbucks scared me :giggle2: I think just knowing all that choice and those "professional" coffeemakers intimidated me! So I finally mustered up the courage a couple years ago to go in and get.........a regular coffee. And that's what I have gotten every time I went there (which wasn't all that often) until last week....a friend told me about some really good drink that was half iced tea/half lemonade, I figured how hard can that be? Then the guy proceeded to ask, what kind of tea? After a long awkward pause and my just blinking at him, he rambled off the choices, I made one, then do I want sweetened or unsweetened? Now that one I had a quick answer for! Do I want this or that added? Are you kidding me??? I want half iced tea, half lemonade...that's it!! lol Anyway, I think I can use the app :giggle2:

:lol: That's sad but funny, Sofia! It helps to know exactly what you want before you go in. You should do all kinds of research ;). I don't even think when I go in - 'half-caff, grande, non-fat, 2 Splenda latte' just comes out of me :lol:.

Excellent Bethany, thanks for all the good recommendations! I downloaded most of the ones you listed (oh and nice on the OPI app - love it!) as well as Restaurant Story, Flashlight, Pandora, MakeTones, CamScan, Grocery List, SkyView, At Bat, Google Earth, eBay, Target, Mixology, Paper Toss, Movie Quizzle, Doodle God and Cut the Rope. Craziness! :D

I don't even think when I go in - 'half-caff, grande, non-fat, 2 Splenda latte' just comes out of me :lol:.

I'm not even sure what all that is (though I use splenda too)...maybe I should jot that down on the inside of my hand like a cheat sheet, and just casually glance at it before ordering :giggle2::giggle2:

• 1 month later...

Inventory app....I can now scan the barcode of all my books and categorize them.....so when I go to a booksale I'll know if I already own the book :D can also add books that are on my want list as well as what I have already read.....this is easily my new fave app :D :D :D :D