Apps for the iphone/ipod touch/ipad

Nici

I have just got the iphone 4 and have been predictably downloading lots of apps! Two apps which I have found that are fab:

IP.Board - which as Michelle has mentioned in another thread is an app so you can read the Book Club Forum clearly and is absolutely brilliant.

Words with friends (free) - Scrabble which you can play with your friends! My friend and I have been having a game since yesterday and it is so much fun. My username is 'sunnynici' if anyone fancies a game.

What other apps should I be downloading? What would you recommend? smile.gif

I have just got the iphone 4 and have been predictably downloading lots of apps! Two apps which I have found that are fab:

IP.Board - which as Michelle has mentioned in another thread is an app so you can read the Book Club Forum clearly and is absolutely brilliant.

Words with friends (free) - Scrabble which you can play with your friends! My friend and I have been having a game since yesterday and it is so much fun. My username is 'sunnynici' if anyone fancies a game.

What other apps should I be downloading? What would you recommend? smile.gif

I like the look of that Words with Friends, so will probably download it :) . As yet I haven't downloaded much at all for the iPad. Just Pub Quiz HD which is quite good and SharePrice which gives live streaming share prices.

I don't have one anymore, but when I did there was a really fun game called Paper Toss that was free, if I remember correctly. Its really simple and addicting, you just try to fling a balled up piece of paper into a garbage can and a fan is sitting on a desk blowing so you need to fling it so that the fan will blow it into the can. Trust me, lots of fun. :)

Also Google Earth was a good one to download.

I don't have one anymore, but when I did there was a really fun game called Paper Toss that was free, if I remember correctly. Its really simple and addicting, you just try to fling a balled up piece of paper into a garbage can and a fan is sitting on a desk blowing so you need to fling it so that the fan will blow it into the can. Trust me, lots of fun. :)

Also Google Earth was a good one to download.

Agreed, paper toss is great.

Also sky remote record is good.

Sky news/Aljazeera news apps are good.

around me

jailbreak it and whack on cydia on it :)

P.S The Iphone? SOOO last year :P

I'm trying Words with Friends - mjmoore7.

I have quite a few bits and pieces on my ipod touch. Games wise, Bejeweled 2, Guitar Rock (or Guitar Tour - I can't remember now which one I prefer) Trivial Pursuit, Scrabble and Game of Life are all good. Yetisports, Doodle Jump and Max Injury are all silly and addictive. biggrin.gif

I don't have an ipad/iphone etc myself but I do sometimes stumble by things that do give me the urge to splurge on one or the other :lol: .

Dingbats - it's like a catchphrase game ... say what you see :lol:

Mac Dice - not sure if it's something anyone on here would use, but you never know. It's a nice dice roller that allows multiple dice, dice sizes to be rolled d 4 6 8 10 12 20 & up to 100 dice can be rolled at once. In the recent version you can pin certain dice, so if you need to keep anything over 4 you tap them & then roll the rest. Useful for anyone who roleplays, plays tabletop games such as Warhammer etc.

PingChat - a messaging app that lets you bump/push messages from iphone to iphone. I think you can even have multiple people in a conversation but I'm not 100% sure.

Bento - Personal & business organiser. Address book, event planner, projects, to do lists etc

Plants vs Zombies - fab game. I have it on PC & would recommend it. You have to fight of waves of Zombies using plants ... sounds odd, but it's addictive & fun!

PingChat - a messaging app that lets you bump/push messages from iphone to iphone. I think you can even have multiple people in a conversation but I'm not 100% sure.

Plants vs Zombies - fab game. I have it on PC & would recommend it. You have to fight of waves of Zombies using plants ... sounds odd, but it's addictive & fun!

I'm downloading both of those - thanks! biggrin.gif

We downloaded Paper Toss last night. I think I might have to stop reading this thread else I'll never get anything done! :P

Horribly addictive game! laugh.gif

I've just got my hands on an ipod touch free of charge :D

couple of my favourite apps

angry birds - stupidlt addictive

doodle god - you have to combine elements to make others

mega jump - again stupidly addictive

coin dozer - like an online 2p machine

• 1 month later...

I am now completely addicted to Angry Birds!

I've also just downloaded the kindle software on my ipod touch, and am going to try reading Little Women. I'm not sure how I'll get on though, as it's a small screen. Does anyone have a spare iPad they can pass my way instead?! :D

I've avoided Angry Birds as I thought I might get a little bit addicted, but have downloaded a game called Cut The Rope on my iPad and am totally hooked on that now!

We downloaded Cut the Rope last night and yes it is very addictive :D