What should I read next?

So I am about to finish up with Brisingr, (3rd book in the Inheritance Cycle) and I was wondering what I should read next. Preferably a series...and I love fantasy. I was thinking The Wheel of Time Series, but I'm fearful how daunting that task may be considering I go back to college in two weeks. :(

I am not into fantasy at all really but FWIW my brother loves fantasy and he has a deep obsession with the Wheel of Time series. Its his favourite and I think he has read each of the books several times.

Have you read The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare? Its a shorter 3 book series that's easily do-able in 2 weeks and is one of my favorite fantasy series. The world Clare creates is really unique and well rounded.

Have you tried Terry Pratchett? Far from being well-rounded, his world is well-flatted - LOL! The Discworld series is absolutely magnificent. THere are one or two small glitches in its overall wonderfulness (I'm not fond of THe Colour Of Magic, The Light Fantastic, or Eric), but even those cannot spoil what is arguably the best-loved fantasy series still being written. It'll keep you going a while too, as there are over 30 and still counting... ;)

I second Terry Pratchett. great books and you get a giggle from them. very dry sense of humour.

also two authors I love are Cecelia Dart-Thornton and Juliet Marillier. their fantasy is fantastic.

• 1 month later...