Erich Maria Remarque - The Night In Lisbon

Kenny_Shovel

Now Kenny, my TBR stack(s) are high enough! Dang it man. But thanks for an excellent review. It sounds like something I will add to my stack. The one nearest to me. :smile2:

I didn't realize he wrote Arch of Triumph! I have not read the book, but I've seen the movie.....many times. Is it in any way close at all? (I'm on Amazon now).

Kenny,

I ordered and received The Night in Lisbon it came yesterday along with Arch of Triumph which I could not resist ordering as well. Well, I'm half way through chapter 4 of Arch of Triumph.....it is terrific! I'll get to Lisbon...right after The Sea, Amsterdam....yeah, but now I am enjoying myself with Arch! Thanks for reminding me. :blush:

Keep it up you two! I don't have enough on "Get to it eventually list".. I was aware of All Quiet on the Westerm Front, and was recently reminded of it when my husband was going through some of his grandfather's stuff. He served in the US Army in France during WW1 and suffered the results of shell-shock for the rest of his life..spending time in and out of the VA Hospital's psych ward.

How terrible for him and the entire family. That war was certainly a different type, the War to end all Wars...Hah! What an outrage.

Anyway about more books for the stack....glad to be of "help". :blush:

How terrible for him and the entire family. That war was certainly a different type, the War to end all Wars...Hah! What an outrage.

Anyway about more books for the stack....glad to be of "help". :blush:

Did you read One of Ours by Willa Cather? I think a couple of us read it with SFG75 at TFS..It was another novel set during WW1 and was very good. I'd steered away from Cather before..after trying My Antonia twice. After One of Ours, I'm interested in trying her again sometime.

Did you read One of Ours by Willa Cather? I think a couple of us read it with SFG75 at TFS..It was another novel set during WW1 and was very good. I'd steered away from Cather before..after trying My Antonia twice. After One of Ours, I'm interested in trying her again sometime.

No, I haven't read any of Cather, although I think there is one in my TBR stack. I'll look for it.

• 1 year later...