DO believe the hype!

ian

So, we have a thread to moan about films that didn't live up to their expectations. But what about the opposite? Films that did live up to the hype, or even exceeded your expectations?

For me, Brokeback Mountain. It was on the TV one night when nothing else was on. I thought - OK, I'll give it 10 minutes. I thought it was brilliant. Well acted, stunning photography.

'Up'.

I thought it would be perhaps an amusing hour or so of distraction. It is very funny, with depth and humanity, and the 'Making Of' section on the DVD is fascinating.

It definitely exceeded all expectations. :)

The first one that springs to mind for me...Pirates of the Caribbean (the first one at least, although I liked all three). If only for Johnny Depp's performance as Jack Sparrow. Curse of the Black Pearl is a must! I can remember watching the first one in the cinema and being blown away. Lots of fun to be had for both kids and adults :D

The first one that springs to mind for me...Pirates of the Caribbean (the first one at least, although I liked all three). If only for Johnny Depp's performance as Jack Sparrow. Curse of the Black Pearl is a must! I can remember watching the first one in the cinema and being blown away. Lots of fun to be had for both kids and adults :D

This. One of my all time favourite films.

'Up'.

I thought it would be perhaps an amusing hour or so of distraction. It is very funny, with depth and humanity, and the 'Making Of' section on the DVD is fascinating.

It definitely exceeded all expectations. :)

I loved Up as well it's one of those movies that you keep thinking about for a long time afterwards.

Inception. It took me a week to see it. I wanted to hear what others had to say. Everyone was saying such good things, and I was beyond pleased when I finally saw it.

We're going to see this next week I'm really looking forward to it .

I'd also say Avatar was a movie that lived up to expectation.

So, we have a thread to moan about films that didn't live up to their expectations. But what about the opposite? Films that did live up to the hype, or even exceeded your expectations?

For me, Brokeback Mountain. It was on the TV one night when nothing else was on. I thought - OK, I'll give it 10 minutes. I thought it was brilliant. Well acted, stunning photography.

Brokeback Mountain is one of my all time favourite movies. First time I watched it was on DVD and when I got to the end, I just set it back to the beginning and watched it all over again.

Edward Scissorhands.

The Big Lebowski.

21 Grams.

All fabulous movies.