What Was The Last Music You Bought?

chesilbeach

Intrigued to know what people are buying and downloading, so thought I'd add this topic.

I bought two CD's today, Black Holes and Revelations and The Resistance both by Muse for a bargain £4 each from a local independent record shop.

I must admit, I usually download music nowadays and these were on my wish list, but more expensive to download on iTunes, so the bargain price was worth it!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last CD I bought was Hearts & Minds by Seth Lakeman, the last thing I downloaded from iTunes was The Back Room by Editors :) I only buy CD's now if it's something I particularly want otherwise most of my music is downloaded from either iTunes or Amazon.

Intrigued to know what people are buying and downloading, so thought I'd add this topic.

I bought two CD's today, Black Holes and Revelations and The Resistance both by Muse for a bargain £4 each from a local independent record shop.

I must admit, I usually download music nowadays and these were on my wish list, but more expensive to download on iTunes, so the bargain price was worth it!

Excellent Muse purchases, Chesil!

I think the most recent thing I picked up was 'Brothers' by the Black Keys. My friend also burned me a CD of Yeasayer, Phoenix and MGMT tunes :D.

Nice thread idea!

I recently bought myself a copy of Joni Mitchell's 'Blue'.

It was very old album when I was listening to it in my teens, but it is still truly sublime and wonderful. To listen to the songs on there again actually made me teary ~ and I hadn't forgotten any of the words! :lol:

Nice thread idea!

Thanks Chrissy :D

It was very old album when I was listening to it in my teens, but it is still truly sublime and wonderful. To listen to the songs on there again actually made me teary ~ and I hadn't forgotten any of the words! :lol:

Aww ... just like Emma Thompson in Love Actually cry.gif

I've never listened to any Joni Mitchell properly, but I've heard a few songs on soundtracks and think I might like her - any recommendations of which albums to buy?

Just loading my new Muse CDs into iTunes and found out Black Holes and Revelations comes with a bonus DVD with the video and a live version of three of the songs :smile2:

My three favourite albums of hers are 'Blue', 'Clouds', and 'Ladies Of The Canyon'.

'Blue' is my particular favourite, in part because it filled a huge part of my teenage soundtrack (along with Bowie, Led Zeppelin, Fairport Convention and many more!). Maybe having a dip in on Youtube and get a feel for which era of hers you like best. I'm a right hippy at heart:blush:, so I lean toward the folksy at times.

I feel old! B)

The last CD's I bought were Odd Blood by Yeasayer & The Winter Of Mixed Drinks by Frightened Rabbit and the last things I downloaded were Brothers by Black Keys & Flaws by Bombay Bicycle Club :)

The last CD's I bought were Odd Blood by Yeasayer & The Winter Of Mixed Drinks by Frightened Rabbit and the last things I downloaded were Brothers by Black Keys & Flaws by Bombay Bicycle Club :)

I downloaded Flaws when it came out a couple of weeks ago, and saw Bombay Bicycle Club live a few weeks ago - they were fantastic!

I would love to see them live, glad to hear they were fantastic :)

Just downloaded a Bon Iver EP - Blood Bank - and Veckatimest by Grizzly Bear. So much for trying not to buy anything for a while!

My three favourite albums of hers are 'Blue', 'Clouds', and 'Ladies Of The Canyon'.

'Blue' is my particular favourite, in part because it filled a huge part of my teenage soundtrack (along with Bowie, Led Zeppelin, Fairport Convention and many more!). Maybe having a dip in on Youtube and get a feel for which era of hers you like best. I'm a right hippy at heart:blush:, so I lean toward the folksy at times.

I feel old! cool.gif

From one right hippy to another :cool: Joni is fantastic, I never get sick of her. My favourite album of hers is 'Miles Of Aisles'. It's live, double CD, has heaps of her best songs and I love the way she plays around with the vocals and chords. But 'Blue' is a superb album.

The latest CD I bought, although it was a little while ago, was 'Walking On A Dream' by Empire of the Sun. I'm tempted to buy Florence and the Machine 'Lungs'

Two fantastic albums, what a bargain. You won't be disappointed

Nice thread idea!

'Blue' is one of my favourite albums ever. There is something so beautiful about Joni's voice especially on this album, gives me goosebumps.

I haven't bought any albums in a while, the last one I bought was Regina Spektor's 'Far' which I like a lot but not as much as 'Mary Ann Meets the Gravediggers' which is truly outstanding.

I finally bought "I am Sasha Fierce" by Beyonce on CD which is freakin' awesome and the True Blood OST in a 2 for a tenner deal. The True Blood sountrack is fantastic and I don't usually like even countryish music.

I downloaded "Puppy Toy" by Tricky from Nokia music last night as had been meaning to for ages.

If I like an album, I buy the CD if I can get it. If it's just a couple of songs on an album I download them.

• 2 weeks later...