What Was The Last Music You Bought?

chesilbeach

Nice, Chesil! Gotta love Peggy :D.

Last night I bought a song called 'Stars' by Hum on iTunes, and before that I bought (also on iTunes) the Dig live at the Houston House of Blues and finally, Puzzles by Biffy Clyro from Amazon.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got Adele - 21 last week on CD and its been so long since I bought any music I did have to ask my friend if you can still buy CDs or if everything had to be downloaded these day.

Anyway I have listend to it several times now and its just beautiful from start to finish. Oooh how I wish I could play the piano.

I wandered around the indie CD/vinyl store today and came away with Lester Young playing with the Oscar Peterson Trio. Perfection! :D Love the tracks 'Sunny Side of the Street' and 'There Will Never Be Another You.'

I got Adele - 21 last week on CD and its been so long since I bought any music I did have to ask my friend if you can still buy CDs or if everything had to be downloaded these day.

Anyway I have listend to it several times now and its just beautiful from start to finish. Oooh how I wish I could play the piano.

I want to get this ... I really liked her '19' album. Glad to hear that it's good :)

I bought an old album 'The Glory of Gershwin' .. I haven't heard it in ages but it was just as good as I remembered. Gershwin songs sung by Sting, Kate Bush, Peter Gabriel, Elvis Costello etc and all accompanied by Larry Adler .. lovely.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought several albums from Bluesfest:

The Cat Empire by The Cat Empire (my new favourite band)

Red Army by The Red Eyes (very groovy, chilled out music)

King Hokum by CW Stoneking (awesome voice and style - check him out!)

Bluesfest 2011 - a double CD of songs by most of the artists who performed at the festival

• 4 weeks later...

Torches - Foster the People

I downloaded this album on Monday, and I've been listening to it almost non-stop ever since. I believe it has brought my music mojo back, so hopefully it lasts! Can't wait to see these guys in concert next month!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

WooooHOOO Black Keys, yay Poppy!! Weave is the best, and I love that album :D. Sinister Kid is my fave track.

Weave introduced them to me and then sent me a pile of their music, she's so kind. I particularly like the Attack and Release album. I've just bought the Brother's one. Yes, the Sinister Kid one is very good. I love Too Afraid to Love You.

You might like to see this studio version of the song (again xxxx Weave :hug: ) It's a bit longer than the CD recording.

Weave introduced them to me and then sent me a pile of their music, she's so kind. I particularly like the Attack and Release album. I've just bought the Brother's one. Yes, the Sinister Kid one is very good. I love Too Afraid to Love You.

You might like to see this studio version of the song (again xxxx Weave :hug: ) It's a bit longer than the CD recording.

Hi Poppy, how are you? You are very welcome, its not a problem sharing the greatness that is The Black Keys, I love love LOVE 'Too Afraid to Love You' :D