What Was The Last Music You Bought?

chesilbeach

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From one right hippy to another :cool: Joni is fantastic, I never get sick of her. My favourite album of hers is 'Miles Of Aisles'. It's live, double CD, has heaps of her best songs and I love the way she plays around with the vocals and chords. But 'Blue' is a superb album.

You might find this interesting, poppy.

http://www.nme.com/video/id/LtpXlVRVLic/search/Rachel%20Gaudry

Edited by Roland Butter

Love that album. If you get the chance to listen to Red Roses for Me, its just as good. :D

I do like that as well but Rum Sodomy & the Lash is my favourite I listen to it all the time on my Ipod :)

Do I detect a whiff of anorak here?? :D:D

Whiff? It's positively a stench :lol:

I might also have pre-ordered their 3cd/2dvd Live At The Albert Hall package which is coming out next month ...

Edited by Karsa Orlong

• 4 months later...

I bought Feeling The Pressure, Darren Styles' second studio album, yesterday. Now I don't normally go for that type of dance and clubland music, but I needed something upbeat and this does the trick. I've also bought another couple of albums recently: Some Kind of Trouble by James Blunt, and Rihanna's new album Loud. Both good buys which I'm enjoying.

Nice thread idea!

I recently bought myself a copy of Joni Mitchell's 'Blue'.

It was very old album when I was listening to it in my teens, but it is still truly sublime and wonderful. To listen to the songs on there again actually made me teary ~ and I hadn't forgotten any of the words! :lol:

It's one of my favourite albums ever, I just love it. When I listen to 'Little Green' especially I always well up .. she wrote it about the little baby she gave up for adoption (I think they've since been re-united) but just the few lines 'He went to California. Hearing that everything's warmer there. So you write him a letter and say, "her eyes are blue". He sends you a poem and she's lost to you. Little Green, he's a non-conformer.' .. it's so simple but so affecting .. in fact the whole album is sublime.

Before Christmas I bought Regina Spektor's 'Live in London' album and DVD but it hasn't been delivered yet (d*mn that Christmas snow.) I adore Regina, I think I have all of her albums now and I get especially excited whenever there's a DVD extra included because she's so creative and her video's are always a delight. She's another artist that brings me to tears regularly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...