Stuart MacBride

Kell

I've just started Birthdays for the Dead. So far, so good. It's everything you love about MacBride, but Loganless.

I'm fighting the urge to sack the domestic urgencies (ironing pile like K2, feral dust-bunnies, rancid salad swamp in fridge,etc) and curl up under a blanket reading the latest from the grim, beardy giggler.

The king of gallows humour and the safest pair of hands in crime fiction.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

The Chap at work, who is still reading chris carter, and jo nesbo soon, wants to borrow birthdays for the dead. So I should be keeping him in books for a while.

• 2 years later...

Hi

I love the Logan McRae series and am currently reading the latest one "In the cold dark ground". (Have been doing a massive re-read for the past couple of months and purchased them for my kindle).

Absolutely brilliant books with some great characters...have only a couple of hours reading left then i will have to find a new series to read  :o

• 4 years later...

Good Morning,

Stuart Macbride is one of my favorite authors!

Does anyone recall the end of a Logan Macrae novel that has Susan, Steel, and Logan at the hands of the bad guys in Susan and Steel's house? I recall Susan saving the day with an antique golf club after the bad guys dismissed her a useless housewife. Is my recollection faulty? If not, what is the name of the novel? Thanks.

44 minutes ago, flyboy2160 said:

Good Morning,

Stuart Macbride is one of my favorite authors!

Does anyone recall the end of a Logan Macrae novel that has Susan, Steel, and Logan at the hands of the bad guys in Susan and Steel's house? I recall Susan saving the day with an antique golf club after the bad guys dismissed her a useless housewife. Is my recollection faulty? If not, what is the name of the novel? Thanks.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I haven't read the book you mentioned but can I just check that the moment with the golf club wouldn't spoil the plot for anyone who hasn't read it yet? If it does then we have a 'spoiler' function, you just click the eye icon in the toolbar type into the box. You won' be able to edit your posts yet but if you let me know I can do it for you :) 

• 6 months later...

I have read one book by Stuart MacBride. It was good, as opposed to bad or mediocre. I liked the local radio DJ bits and the idiot white rapper. It was entertaining, but it was silly. The young police detective in question: on Tuesday he failed to save a suspect's life, his girlfriend broke up with him, and he discovered his mother's dismembered head in a plastic bag. You think that would be a bad day, but that was only Tuesday. Wait until you read what happened on Thursday.