Black Beauty by Anna Sewell

Laramie

I absolutely LOVE this book. It is my most favourite EVER!! I love the way it is told from Black Beauty's POV, and I like the great long speeches all the characters seem to have!!

I have a brilliant copy of it, which I got from Sandringham (the queens house!! :smile2: ) which is in pretend leather (it's normal hardback really) and it's really nice. It has hundreds of fantastic little black-and-white pictures, and in random places, it has a few full-page colour pictures. It is SO NICE!!

what do other people think of this book?:lol:

I read it over and over, and over again when I was young, and I don't usually like "animal" books like that because I am afraid the animal will be hurt.....but this one was so wonderful!

Haven't looked at it in many years though.

I loved this book when I was young, I had a 'leather' bound version too (it was part of a set that included The Water Babies), but I only read it a few times before it vanished! I have a sneaking suspicion that it was given away to my younger cousins (along with many of my favourite videos) when I was deemed 'too old' :smile2:

Hello

I love 'Black Beauty', I read it over and over when I was a kid. It was present from my gran when I was in hospital, not fun at the best of time, but kinda pants when you are 8 years old...:smile2:

• 3 weeks later...