"Into thin air" by Jon Krakauer

KAY

This book i will never forget and hope to read again in a few years time. "Into Thin Air" is about an expedition up everest that went wrong loosing 9 of it's original climbers. It was so good you felt like you were climbing with them, i was out of breath while reading it as the air got thinner towards the top. Informative too. Vivid. a book i won't forget. Excellent!!!!!!!

user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

I will have to look for it, I just read Into The Wild (about a young man that gave up everything to go live in the "wild" in alaska and died there}by him and I read his Under The Banner Of Heaven {about the Mormon religion} awhile back, I liked both.

• 2 weeks later...

I have read both Into Thin Air and Into the Wild and loved both. I red them quite a long time ago though. The guy in Into the Wild was a bit of a nutball wasn't he?

I love any books to do with the snow and wildness (anything to do with being in the middle of nowhere) and the hardships involved.

If you're into reading this sort of stuff I would definately recommend the following (non-fiction) which I have read in the last three years and really enjoyed:

This Cold Heaven - Seven Seasons in Greenland by Gretel Ehrlich

The Cruellest Miles by G. and L. Salisbury

To the Baltic with Bob by Griff Rhys Jones

Other fictional stuff set in the middle of nowhere include:

Where the Sea Used to Be by Rick Bass

Riders of the Purple Sage by Zane Grey

The Seal Wife by Kathryn Harrison

The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

True North by Kimberley Kafka

The Colour by Rose Tremain

• 3 weeks later...