Sofia

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loads!

must admit i got a bit fed up with old misery guts scarpetta. however:

- the mallory books by carol o'connell are good if you like that genre

- so too are karin slaughter's with sarah and jeffrey (who heard of a hero called jeffrey?)

- also kathy reichs' temperance brennan stuff

- james patterson's alex cross and women's murder club

- sue grafton's alphabet series with kinsey millhone

i bet you're seeing a pattern here :)

Hello There...

I have read series wise...

The Dark Tower

Sophie Kinsella (all of the shop-aholic ones - patiently waiting for 'Shop-aholic and Baby' to be released)

Some of the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett..:)

Love to read series...

The Cat Who series

Kinsey Millhone...by Sue Grafton (alphabet series)

Joe Cat...by Shirley Rousseau Murphy

the Kathy Reichs/Tempe Brennen

James Lee Burke/Dave Robicheaux detective series

some of Anne Perry's Monk and the other guy :roll:

Jamie and Claire.......:) :)

Sherlock Holmes/Mary Russell series by Laurie King

Dick Francis...a few of his books use the same character, but not many, but they are all connected to the horse racing world.

I suppose there are more, but can't think at the moment. :lol:

There are a few series I love:

Discworld series by Terry Pratchett

Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong

Eagles series by Simmon Scarrow

Sukie Stackhouse / Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris

The Edge Chronicles by Paul Stewart & Chris Riddell

Harry Potter series by J K Rowling

Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer

The Chronicles of Narnia by C S Lewis

When I was a kid I also loved the Mallory Towers series by Enid Blyton & wished I could go to a school like that, although if I'd actually been sent to an all-girls boarding school, I would have been very miserable indeed! :)

I've read the 1st Nursery Crime Division book by Jasper Fforde & very uch enjoyed that, so I may well continue with that series, & I have the 1st in the Thursday Next series (also JF) on my TBR shelf, so that's another couple of series to get into...

I already know I'm in a minority with this one, but I love the 'In Death' series by JD Robb (Nora Roberts).

Also, Kelley Armstrong.

I liked Charlains Harris's Southern Vampire series too, but I think I have some of those still unread.

Oh.. another series I loved was the 'Rama' series by Arther C Clarke.. I rarely reread books, but I have done that series. :)

Let me see.

Erm, when my children were babies I read all the Simon Brett books about 'Mrs Pargeter' - a blue rinse detective! Not exactly rocket science - more like Mills and Boon for the detective novel fan, but they kept my brain ticking over!

Since then, the only series I think I've read are the Shopaholic ones. Although I've stopped reading so much chick-lit, I'm also looking forward to Shopaholic and Baby!

Oh, and I've read all the Wycliffe novels - I guess they count too, although they do stand alone - they're all about the same detective!

I have read part way through Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series, loved The black Magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan, I've read a few Kay Scarpetta novels, a few of the Tess Gerritsen novels.

I like to read series but it's difficult to get them in the library as they tend to only stock one or two and they are usually the middle ones, which means finding and ordering the other ones.

I tend to get sucked into these series before I realise what's happening!

I read all the Stephanie Plum books, and the Sue Grafton Kinsey Milhone ones, the Jasper Fforde Thursday Next books, and I quite like Diane Mott Davidson.

What else...

Harry Potter, Karin Slaughter... I quite like those Lisa Gardner Rainie Connor books.

I can't remember any more but I'm quite sure I will do!

I love to read series - especially for light relief. I am currently whipping through the Stephanie Plum books and loving every second of it. It's so nice to retreat into a world that is familiar, and to meet those friends you made earlier, while having all new adventures with them, don't you think?

I tend to find if I read too much of an author's stuff I get bored, so I often drop off half way through a series.

Series I have read are:

Most of Enid Blyton's - famous five, secret seven, *** of adventure, mallory towers, st clares, noddy, basically - you name it!

Tess Gerritsen - Maura Isles / Jane Rizolli

Janet Evanovich - to Steph Plum book 6 so far

Alex Kava - first 5.

Harry Potter!

Alex Rider

Girls in... by Jacquline Wilson

Jasper Fforde

Lucy Daniels - Animal Ark (the first 30 or so as a young teenager)

Ann Digby - Trebizon

Lois Lowry - Anastasia

Elinor M Brent-Dyer - The Chalet School

A series called Cheerleaders

the Point book - Horror, Romance, Crime and Fantasy.

Sweet Valley

In fact - most of these were as a child or teenager.

i forgot to say harry potter too *blush*

and are the marian keyes books a series? they do have central characters from the same family.

also johnathan kellerman. forgot him too. i really love his books but haven't read one for a while (goes to top of TBR list)

did i say the james patterson different series?

vampire chronicles too. and the clan of the cave bear lot

i think i must really like series :smile2:

I'm not a huge fan of series but I have read or started a few.

I've read all the Harry Potter books so far with my son and the Chronicles of Narnia, too. Completed the Otherland books by Tad Williams and the Hitchiker's Guide (are those considered a series?) by Douglas Adams.

I've started the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, Earth's Children by Jane Auel, the Redwall books by Brian Jaques with my son, the Camulod Chronicles by Jack Whyte, LotR, The Thursday Next books by Jasper Fforde and the Women of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong.

And I plan on starting the Ender's books by Orson Scott Card, the Song of Ice And Fire by George R. R. Martin, the Wheel of Time books by Robert Jordan and the Dark Tower books by Stephen King.

In making this list it occurs to me that I may read more series than I'd thought:blush: