The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

You didn't like it, Peace? :( I really enjoyed it.

Sorry, Kyie, no, it really wasn't my cup of tea. It's nothing against the film itself, really, I'm just not very much of a sci-fi/futuristic kind of film lover. Bruce Willis did an excellent job though, and it was an interesting concept :).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Definitely, Maybe last night, which for some reason I thought I wouldn't like when it first came out, but actually quite enjoyed it.

I missed the beginning of that and thought the girl didn't know who her mum was throughout. Didn't think it was a great film but there is something very watchable about Ryan Reynolds. Isla Fisher was annoying me though.

Awww, I love Simon Pegg, Charm! :D

I watched 'I'm with Lucy' the other night and man was it mediocre to the say the least. Plus, seeing David Boreanaz with frosted hair was horrid! Okay wait, now I remember it was tolerable because of Gael Garcia Bernal (I think that's his name...) *swoon*

Took the kids to see Kung foo panda 2 last week. I didn't think I was going to enjoy it too be honest, but I really enjoyed it!

simle things for simple minds.... :lol:

Ian

Anchors Aweigh, with Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra. I have a bit of a 'thing' for Gene Kelly :)

He's the best, Ruth, so who can blame you?? ;) I love that movie. Sinatra looks so young! Kathryn Grayson was beautiful way back when, too.

Watched The Holiday two days back, which was enjoyable, Music & Lyrics the day before - can't go wrong with Hugh Grant acting, but I thought Drew Barrymore was good also, which made for a decent film - and The Love Guru the day before that: a film which was fantastic, hilarious, and a great watch.

He's the best, Ruth, so who can blame you?? ;) I love that movie. Sinatra looks so young! Kathryn Grayson was beautiful way back when, too.

I just think Gene was SO sexy! Very manly - and I love watching him dance. It's breathtaking, and I'm always utterly mesmerised. I'm trying to see as many of his movies as I can. Singin' In The Rain is one of my favourite films of all time - it's got to be the happiest film on earth, surely?!

Yes, Sinatra looks incredibly young here, not much more than a boy really. And Kathryn Grayson was beautiful, with a fantastic voice.

I just think Gene was SO sexy! Very manly - and I love watching him dance. It's breathtaking, and I'm always utterly mesmerised. I'm trying to see as many of his movies as I can. Singin' In The Rain is one of my favourite films of all time - it's got to be the happiest film on earth, surely?!

Totally, Ruth, Gene was the epitome of sexy!! I never tire of seeing his films either, and would be happy if they just featured him dancing and that was it :lol:.

I love Singin in the Rain, as well as American in Paris and On the Town. Singin in the Rain had so many great numbers, and Donald O'Connor was an amazing dancer as well! I also can't get enough of watching Ann Miller in On the Town. Have you seen that one? One of the movies I've not seen of his is the one where he dances with Jerry the cartoon mouse. I can't even think of the title right now - have you seen it?

Anchors Aweigh is the one where he dances with Jerry Mouse, and it is an amazing scene! I've seen On The Town, An American In Paris (oh, that 17 minute dance scene at the end is heavenly), It's Always Fair Weather (where he tap dances on roller skates) and of course Singin' In The Rain. I've also ordered Brigadoon and Cover Girl from Amazon, and have been on YouTube to see as many of his sequences as I could. I love the Moses Supposes scene in Singin' where he dances with Donald O'Connor, and of course the actual Singin' In The Rain sequence, where you can really feel the energy and exuberance coming off the screen. It's great to find a fellow fan :)

ETA: Sorry, this was in reply to Peacefield, and I forgot to quote the post - oops!

Edited by Ruth