The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anchors Aweigh is the one where he dances with Jerry Mouse, and it is an amazing scene! I've seen On The Town, An American In Paris (oh, that 17 minute dance scene at the end is heavenly), It's Always Fair Weather (where he tap dances on roller skates) and of course Singin' In The Rain. I've also ordered Brigadoon and Cover Girl from Amazon, and have been on YouTube to see as many of his sequences as I could. I love the Moses Supposes scene in Singin' where he dances with Donald O'Connor, and of course the actual Singin' In The Rain sequence, where you can really feel the energy and exuberance coming off the screen. It's great to find a fellow fan :)

This is horrible, Ruth, but even though I've seen Anchors Aweigh I don't remember seeing the Jerry dance! Man, I must be getting old :(. That last scene in American in Paris is amazing, you're right, and I also love that little scene in the beginning of him getting up in his tiny apartment and putting all of his stuff away, opening the window, etc. Just dancing around doing those simple things was unbelievable, and in such a small space!

The Moses Supposes number is by far my all time favorite! I think the pair of them are pretty much perfect in that scene. Oh, and I have a wee story for you, Ruth! When I went to New York a few years ago, we stayed in this old hotel right across from the Ed Sullivan Theatre on Broadway and 54th (where David Letterman is filmed), and I found out while I was there that the hotel used to be an apartment building. Guess who had his first apartment in that same building? Mr. Kelly! It was so cool :D.

Sweeney Todd. Such a brilliant film, and actually I didnt think it was as gorey as everyone says! And Johnny Depp can really sing too!

I'd watch Johnny Depp read the phone book :giggle2:

I just think Gene was SO sexy! Very manly - and I love watching him dance. It's breathtaking, and I'm always utterly mesmerised. I'm trying to see as many of his movies as I can. Singin' In The Rain is one of my favourite films of all time - it's got to be the happiest film on earth, surely?!

I love any musicals, too, Ruth, but Singin' in the Rain is one of the best. Went to see our neighbours' daughter in an am-dram production of it just a week ago. It was pretty decent, apart from the leading man, whose voice was awful. But to be fair, we later found out he'd developed tonsilitis after four nights of ... er ... singin' in the rain :lol:

We've got tickets for a new Sondheim musical, Road Show, which premieres in London next week. Looking forward to that one!

I quite like it so far - I'm about an hour in. It's never going to be my favourite film, but it's entertaining enough for a Sunday afternoon. I like spy comedy style films for when my brain wants some down time! :lol:Knight and Day and Mr & Mrs Smith fit the bill too.

Right now I'm watching The Sting, which is pure cinematic genius! :D

Brilliant movie! :)

The Day the Earth stood still :)

The original or the remake? I adore the original but haven't seen the remake (and I don't think I really want to).

The original or the remake? I adore the original but haven't seen the remake (and I don't think I really want to).

The remake Kylie, it was pretty meh! but I will say this, it was the part that Keanu Reeves was born to play! :giggle2:

I love it, Kylie! It keeps you on the edge of your seat up until the very last minute! Robert Shaw was great in that part too, along with all the other great actors.

Well I am pleased it left you looking :) it just left me looking :huh:

I was the same, it made me smile because as I'm sure you will agree, Keanu Reeve's can be a bit of a wooden actor and in the movie, he was, so it was funny. :)

I was the same, it made me smile because as I'm sure you will agree, Keanu Reeve's can be a bit of a wooden actor and in the movie, he was, so it was funny. :)

:giggle2: He was the reason I watched it but yes I agree it was too much to bear this time normally I can over look it.