The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

how was that? I have it, but still unwatched :blush:

WHAT??!! :o Sofia, you have an unwatched copy of Shaun of the Dead in your house? That hurts my heart :P. It's the most hilarious zombie movie I've ever seen! Please watch it soon, before I fall over, ha!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT??!! :o Sofia, you have an unwatched copy of Shaun of the Dead in your house? That hurts my heart :P. It's the most hilarious zombie movie I've ever seen! Please watch it soon, before I fall over, ha!

I will! I will!! :D

Time Traveller: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

This is a live action sequel to the anime film The Girl Who Leapt Through Time that is, misleadingly, billed as a Japanese version of Back to the Future. The original animated film is an entertaining romp that is fairly well paced and has quite a bit of humour, where this, well, isn't either.

Riisa Naka, who plays Akari - the girl who does the titular time leaping - also voiced the lead character in the anime version. She may be a good voice artist, but she's not so hot at actual acting and because of that there are several points where you wonder whether you are watching an amateur production.

Having said that though, the story isn't too bad, it looks pretty good and the supporting characters have their moments. It's not something I'd recommend as a must see film, even if you have watched the original, but there are worse ways to pass a couple of hours.

A solid Okay.

A solid Okay.

Cool! I liked the original anime, didn't know there was a live action sequel.

Last film I watched was My Little Eye, an early 2000's B-movie about a bunch of youngadults who enter a Big Brother style contest only to find out it's something very different. Saw it years ago and enjoyed it. For a B-movie, it's not bad.

I watched The King's Speech last night, it was better than I expected! I loved all the different camera angles, and the settings. And the actors were brilliant. I loved the relationship between Lionel and Bertie :smile2: Jennifer Ehle should've had a bigger role in the movie though!

Yes, it was an excellent movie. You wouldn't expect a movie about that subject to be interesting, but it was interesting and entertaining. Great choice and glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, it was an excellent movie. You wouldn't expect a movie about that subject to be interesting, but it was interesting and entertaining. Great choice and glad you enjoyed it.

As it happens, I had no idea what the movie was really about, I'd tried avoiding hearing any of it because all the hype was getting to me. I thought it would be about the war or some political conflict (which of course it was partly about), not literally about the King's speech. :D

What was I am Number Four like, Sofia?

kinda typical sci-fi teenage outcast with super powers type of movie....I struggled to stay awake :giggle2: I honestly don't care much for sci fi's

kinda typical sci-fi teenage outcast with super powers type of movie....I struggled to stay awake :giggle2: I honestly don't care much for sci fi's

lol sounds like the books then

Just been to piccies to see 'Casablanca'. Classic movies at its best. One of those that I wasn't sure if I had seen it all the way through now I have. Was a one of screening at The Belmont Cinema.

Now that I've finished re-reading the Harry Potter books I'm now re-watching the movies. I watched the first one, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, last night. They all look so young!