The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched parts of Cat Ballou earlier today. I think I'll give Grease another spin this weekend; I just found out that Jeff Conaway (Kenickie) died. :(

I remember first seeing him in Taxi, Kylie. It's a great old TV show you should try and find if you get a chance. It's too bad that Conaway had so many struggles in life with addiction.

Last night I watched my favorite film of all time, Bottle Rocket :D. I listened to it with commentary on this time - Wes Anderson and Owen Wilson are silly together!

I remember first seeing him in Taxi, Kylie. It's a great old TV show you should try and find if you get a chance. It's too bad that Conaway had so many struggles in life with addiction.

Last night I watched my favorite film of all time, Bottle Rocket :D. I listened to it with commentary on this time - Wes Anderson and Owen Wilson are silly together!

I've never seen Bottle Rocket - what is it about?

Last night I watched The King's Speech - very good!

I've never seen Bottle Rocket - what is it about?

Last night I watched The King's Speech - very good!

King's Speech was excelent, Kate!

Bottle Rocket is about three friends who decide to become vigilantes and live life on the lam, at which they fail miserably. It was Wes Anderson's first film and if you're familiar with his stuff at all it's very quirky and hilarious! Luke and Owen Wilson are in it, as well as James Caan :D.

Sense and Sensibility with Kate Winslet, Hugh Grant and Alan Rickman.

Love that film .. the scenery is just gorgeous and I thought Kate was perfect as Marianne .. and lucky her to end up with Alan Rickman :D It was one of the few adaptations where they've included Margaret and though they took a few liberties with her character, I thought it worked well.

Quite a lot of 'Harry Potter' actors in there too ...

Alan Rickman: Severus Snape/Colonel Brandon

Emma Thompson: Sybil Trelawney/Elinor Dashwood

Robert Hardy: Cornelius Fudge/Sir John Middleton

Imelda Staunton: Dolores Umbridge/Charlotte Palmer

Elizabeth Spriggs: The Fat Lady/Mrs Jennings

Gemma Jones: Madam Pomfrey/Mrs Dashwood

My and the boyfriend watched The Taking on Penhelm 123 last night, I thought it was really pretty good the boyfriend liked it too but not as much as me. We wanted to watch Date Night but it wouldn't work on the boyfriend's computer so we are going to watch it tonight instead on my TV

The Dark Knight is on tv in Holland! Once it aired before and then we missed it. Now finally we have the chance to watch it, so far it's an excellent movie. They've been showing all Batman movie versions ever made. It's a great chance to compare them all.

Edited by sadya

Last film I watched was Wolfman with Benicio Del Torres & Anthony Hopkins ... it was a bit .. meh tbh :lol:

I agree with you :P it wasnt what I expected lol

Anyway the last movie I saw, was Pirates of the Carribean, On Stranger Tides :) it was awesome! I just love Jack Sparrow :D Johnny Deep is the best!

Jar City - can't say I was that impressed to be honest. It started off well enough, with the usual dramatic Icelandic scenery, and I must admit that seeing those familiar Reykjavik streets did help bring the story to life, but they changed too much of it from the book for my liking, including some (to me at least) quite fundamental parts of the story.

^Great weekend of film watching, peacefield! Excellent choices :smile2:

I agree, Chesil! They are all films I could watch repeatedly and not get bored. We have excellent taste, don't we?! ;):lol: