The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

One of my favourites of 2010 in all fairness.

Thought it would be better.. :( I liked it, don't get me wrong, but I just hoped it would be more awesome. ;)

I watched The Prestige again last night, love it always, besides it being a great film, it's got Hugh Jackman AND Christian Bale, eyecandy much? :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched The Prestige again last night, love it always, besides it being a great film, it's got Hugh Jackman AND Christian Bale, eyecandy much? :)

I caught about 45 mins of that the other night was intriguing, made me jump at one point too. Should really try and watch from the start.

Agree on the eye candy :giggle2:

Afer many years I finally found 'Clue' ('85 movie which I saw in the '90s). It's on YouTube and definitely worth watching for anyone who likes a good laugh, doesn't mind silly jokes every now and then and likes whodunnits. Today I found another movie which I'd been searching for the past few years: Blade Runner. I bought it immediately and am looking forward to watch it again, also after many years.

I saw Robert Duvall in Get Low yesterday and man, what an excellent film! He was amazing (as always), and Bill Murray and Sissy Spacek were great as well. Two big thumbs up from me! :D

I watched Passion of the Christ last nihght. It is like 3 hours of endless brutality but I thought well made. My wife and her mother, who were Buddhists like everyone here, converted to Christianity, and lady at church told them to watch this. I advised against this but got film from video store, but like I figured they are very sensitive and cried through much of the movie.

Salem's Lot (Part 1) 1979 version (James Mason makes me smile) :D

Salem's Lot (Part 2) :)

This morning I watched 'Le Grand Voyage'. Beautiful and touching movie, had me in tears near the ending. A son drives his Muslim father to Mecca, there are tensions between them, not just a generation gap, but also the regular misunderstandings between children born en grown up in Europe while there parents are from Asian or African countries, they have difficult moments, arguments, but they both learn something about life and from each other and appreciate each others values and actually enjoy each others company. The ending was both sad and beautiful.

I didn't think much of it, but the concept made me curious. Two completely opposite people left to each others company, how will their personalities behave and change throughout the movie? I was curious, gave it a try and enjoyed the movie. I recommend it to anyone, Muslim or non-Muslim, religious or atheïst. :)

I watched Ben-Hur last night. It was strange because it was in Thai. I really love this movie. I think movies were much better when they had stuntmen like in the chariot race, instead of phony looking computerized crap they do now.

Went to see Submarine the other day.

I didn't know anything about it apart from it is made by Richard Ayoade (Moss from The IT Crowd)

It's about the daily life of a Young Teenager in Wales and his attemp at juggling the disintegrating marriage of his parents and trying to sleep with his Girlfriend.

It's never going to be a blockbuster, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's very witty and quite humourous throughout the entire film. I'd reccomend it to everyone.

I just came back from the cinema. My son wanted to watch Yogi Bear. I grew up watching the cartoons in the '80s, but the movie didn't seem special enough to go all the way to the cinema to watch it, seemed more like just tv material to me, that's the impression I got from the trailer anyway.

Having just watched it in cinema (had promised my son he could choose the movie, since this cinema trip was for him), it still seems just tv material to me. Jokes were predictable, many many cliché scenes, nothing really original imo. I think it's an okay movie for children, there were some nice and funny scenes, but still not worth going all the way to a cinema for it though.

Watched Hot Fuzz again last night, for the umpteenth time - still brilliant! :lol:

I stumbled across this on TV one day and I totally loved it! Then I watched Shaun of the Dead one day, not knowing that it was the same guys and humour and was so thrilled when I realised! I hope they make something else.

I stumbled across this on TV one day and I totally loved it! Then I watched Shaun of the Dead one day, not knowing that it was the same guys and humour and was so thrilled when I realised! I hope they make something else.

Before they made films, they made a couple of series of a sitcom called Spaced - you should definitely try that, it's completely brilliant! They have recently made a new film called Paul (they're actually over in Australia promoting it at the moment) but I haven't seen it, so don't know what it's like. It is with a different director and a hollywood budget, and from the reviews I've seen, I don't think it's quite the same sort of humour or quite so British in its style.