The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

Can I ask why you don't like Perkins' character in Weeds, Frankie? I must admit she makes me laugh.

She's mean and hard. I guess I'm used to Perkins playing nicer characters. But at the same time, I don't like Mary-Louise Parker's character either. I guess while I think the show's okay and even funny, it's not one of my favorites, there are always way too many things going wrong. And I seem to prefer the male characters in it, especially Andy and Doug. But they're not reason enough to make me watch it :) I'm also pro-people'sownchoice when it comes to cannabis so I don't want to watch a show where people get into trouble because of it. It makes me mad and frustrated.

Edited by frankie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's mean and hard. I guess I'm used to Perkins playing nicer characters. But at the same time, I don't like Mary-Louise Parker's character either. I guess while I think the show's okay and even funny, it's not one of my favorites, there are always way too many things going wrong. And I seem to prefer the male characters in it, especially Andy and Doug. But they're not reason enough to make me watch it :) I'm also pro-people'sownchoice when it comes to cannabis so I don't want to watch a show where people get into trouble because of it. It makes me mad and frustrated.

I agree on the mean part as far as how she treats her daughter, which I don't find funny. But that's pretty much just who her character is on the show. I like seeing how everyone treats her in reaction to her cruel-ness, you know? I don't mind Parker, but if I had to pick a character I didn't like, it would be Conrad's aunt or mom or whoever she is. Talk about hard! The cannabis part of it is just the US and how it's been here for a long time, so I guess it doesn't frustrate me (since I'm on the fence on the topic). I actually like it when some of the characters get into trouble because they're such idiots about how they go about hiding their dealings. I mean, if you're trying to get away with something you need to be smart about it!

Yep she's very cruel to her daughter which I can't tolerate, and she also seems cruel towards others, but then again, I haven't religiously watched the show so I don't know how it all started and who's to blame if any. :) Yep I don't like Conrad's Mum/aunt either, I've only seen her a couple of times but she seemed pure evil and greedy. And yep, some of the characters do seem like real idiots, if you're doing something illegal, be smart about it, just like you said :D

Back to movies then! I watched Something's Gotta Give last night, and while it's not the kind of thing I'd usually watch, I absolutely loved it. There was something magical in the story, I didn't mind at all that it was a bit predictable. Diane Keaton was absolutely sensational, I've really got to admire her. I was crying and laughing and crying... Maybe it just fitted my mood perfectly, I don't know, but good times :)

Back to movies then! I watched Something's Gotta Give last night, and while it's not the kind of thing I'd usually watch, I absolutely loved it. There was something magical in the story, I didn't mind at all that it was a bit predictable. Diane Keaton was absolutely sensational, I've really got to admire her. I was crying and laughing and crying... Maybe it just fitted my mood perfectly, I don't know, but good times :)

Is that the one with Nicholson going out with the young chick, and Keaton going out with the young guy? I liked it OK.

Last saw Rango on saturday.

With me and family

Was it any good? Was thinking about seeing it Wednesday

Odd sort of film, but good fun....spaghetti western with desert critters....lol :giggle2:

Yep she's very cruel to her daughter which I can't tolerate, and she also seems cruel towards others, but then again, I haven't religiously watched the show so I don't know how it all started and who's to blame if any. :) Yep I don't like Conrad's Mum/aunt either, I've only seen her a couple of times but she seemed pure evil and greedy. And yep, some of the characters do seem like real idiots, if you're doing something illegal, be smart about it, just like you said :D

I've seen all of the first 3 seasons, Frankie, and she's pretty much always been like that :lol:. Although a degree worse since her husband on the show left her.

I watched part of Some Kind of Wonderful last night and finished it this morning whilst I was getting ready for work. It's my favorite John Hughes film and of the late 80's teen genre so I never get tired of it. I honestly think I've seen it close to a 100 times...

Last week I took my children to Gulliver's Travels and yesterday my daughter and I watched The King's Speech. Both nice movies. I thought I was going to cringe while watching Gulliver's Travels, instead I had some laughs and to my surprise quite enjoyed it (though there were some nauseating scenes and some silly unnecesary stuff). I would love to watch a movie of the entire Gulliver's Travels as written in the book instead of people always filming Lilliput versions. Perhaps even a series about all the travels. Oh well. Enjoyed every minute of The King's Speech, worth buying on dvd one day.

Edited by sadya

Watched sunset boulevard. Thought Gloria Swanson was incredible in it. To watch her act out someone she could have turned into had she not adapted well to the implementation of sound made it all the more enjoyable.

The remake of Little Women. I confess I'm only watching it for the eye candy known as Christian Bale ;).

It does remind me though of my trip to New England a few years ago, getting to see Louisa May Alcott's grave along with so many other authors of that time.

Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel. Not amazing, certainly not as movies go, but as far as chunks of silly British comedy go I loved it. It doesn't take itself seriously, the cast (and in particular, Chris O'Dowd) are excellent and there are quite a few genuine laugh-out-loud moments. Definitely worth at least one watch if you're a fan of any of the cast, a self-mocking sci-fi nerd or a fan or silly Brit comedies.

Yjay sounds like my sortof film :D

As for me watched Lord of the ringsL Fellowship of the RIng.

Planning to watch The Matrixfor the first time tonight! :huh:

As for me watched Lord of the ringsL Fellowship of the RIng.

Planning to watch The Matrixfor the first time tonight! :huh:

Don't worry, CW, I've not seen it either! You'll have to let me know how it is.

Is that the LOTR with Karl Urban in it? I can't remember his character's name, but he makes me swoon big time in that role...

Submarine at a free student screening courtesy of my local cinema. Do catch it if you can, it's a really adorable quirky film which I fear might just pass under everybody's radar.

Submarine at a free student screening courtesy of my local cinema. Do catch it if you can, it's a really adorable quirky film which I fear might just pass under everybody's radar.

They interviewed the writer/director on the Kermode and Mayo film review programme about it (you can listen on iplayer or get the podcast here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lvdrj) and it does sound like an interesting film.

Me, I finally got round to watching Easy A that I bought last week. As good as I remember from the cinema, a funny, witty and clever teen movie. :smile2: