The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

I started to watch Shutter Island the other night but couldn't hack it. When it got to the part where

the mother was covered and surrounded in blood and her children were floating dead in the water

I decided it just wasn't for me. A very odd and unsettling movie.

Edited by poppy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with my son to see Paul today - very funny! :giggle2:

I went to see this tonight and loved so many funny moments :D

We all went to see it tonight....was good fun and you had to love Paul.....:giggle2:

Just watched Black Swan and I'm putting myself in the category that says it's absolutely fantastic. I loved it. Honestly, the acting was brilliant, the idea and the production was just wonderful, even if eerily so. I thought it was so cleverly done and I enjoyed watching despite my reservations that it wouldn't be a film I'd enjoy. However, the film is far from just a simple story of a young girl trying to make it in something she's always wanted to do; instead it's a brilliant psychological thriller, dark and mysterious throughout.

I don't know if this counts but I watched 3 minutes of 'The Human Centipede' and quickly turned it over, it was awful, creepy and well, awful :(

I saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Excellent adaptation; I really want to get onto reading the next two books now!

Wow you watched it! Remember when I was watching it on the plane on my way to Australia and I talked about it and we pondered over watching it together? Why didn't we? Did I scare you by saying it's a bit graphic at times? I can't believe you've now seen it and I still have half of the movie unwatched :lol: I hope Jasper wasn't scared by the movie :friends0:

I watched Brothers last night, an excellent Danish movie. I don't think I've cried so much while watching a movie since Dancer in the Dark.

Edited by frankie

I don't think I owned the movie yet when you were here. I was worried about its graphic content but I ended up skipping the nasty scenes (well, I watched the one where the guy got his []]]' (excuse me, that was Jasper's contribution to the discussion) comeuppance.

I feel like I only half watched the movie because my friend and I were talking a bit and Jasper was distracting us a lot.

I don't think I owned the movie yet when you were here. I was worried about its graphic content but I ended up skipping the nasty scenes (well, I watched the one where the guy got his []]]' (excuse me, that was Jasper's contribution to the discussion) comeuppance.

I feel like I only half watched the movie because my friend and I were talking a bit and Jasper was distracting us a lot.

Comeuppance :D What a nice way to put it. And thanks Jasper for your input, but I'm afraid I don't speak cat :( Hello there anyways!

I saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Excellent adaptation; I really want to get onto reading the next two books now!

Been tempted to watch this for a while; enjoyed the books and deliberated about getting the film. Might give it a shot now.

Edited by Ben

I don't know if this counts but I watched 3 minutes of 'The Human Centipede' and quickly turned it over, it was awful, creepy and well, awful :(

Yuuuckkkkk!!! I'm so glad we skipped watching this, Paula! That's good you turned the channel - eww.

I've seen all three of the Tattoo films and believe me, they are chock-full-o-graphic! :lol: All of them.

LauraLoves, have you seen the other two Twilight films?

Last night I watched 3 more episodes of Being Human season 1. I cried a LOT! :blush:

That's some sick, hardcore stuff. I'm surprised to see it mentioned on this forum, actually. I haven't seen it myself( if it's just for shock value, I've no interest in seeing it ), but it's quickly growing in legend for its distastefulness. Or so I've heard. :D

I saw White Noiselast night. Intriguing concept (Electronic Voice Phenomenon, now who wouldn't want to watch that?), and it was actually pretty decent.. that was,until the ending came. What was left was a bland, mediocre film that could have been so much more. Still, I had some pretty good scares. :)

Last night I watched 3 more episodes of Being Human season 1. I cried a LOT! :blush:

Being Human is one of my favourite series on Tv we are on season 3 here who's your favourite character

last film I saw was Taken with Liam Neeson which is a brilliant film I know its on tv tonight and I might watch it again, if you are a fan of Liam and don't mind a bit of violence then watch it. :D

I just watched Sweet Hearts Dance, and I don't know really why, but I really liked it. I like Jeff Daniels and Elizabeth Perkins, and eventhough I'm not exactly a fan of Don Johnson and Susan Sarandon, it was nice seeing them in the movie as well. A sort of a feel good movie, and endearingly 80s :smile2:

West is West, which I went to see on Thursday. Although not as good as the original East is East, it is worth seeing if only for the soundtrack, which I loved. It is really more a tale about coming to terms with your past and how to reconcile that with the present and future. Something I guess we can all relate to.

Being Human is one of my favourite series on Tv we are on season 3 here who's your favourite character

I just discovered it Pickle and I love it! I'm hoping to get season 2 on DVD soon since I'm dying to know what happens next. I can't help it, I love Mitchell, but I also love George!! Ah decisions :lol:. How about you?

Frankie, do you generally like Elizabeth Perkins or just when she's acting with Jeff Daniels? I really loved her in this film called Moonlight and Valentino, and also Indian Summer. Oh and she's hilarious in the TV show Weeds!

Oh the series stays great right through to the current ones so you have a lot to look forward to...my fave..well Mitchell for pure sexiness but you are right George has the best lines and is so funny, Annie is great especially when she makes cup's of tea all the time, its been ages since I saw the first series, I think Herik is well done because he looks like a normal person but inside is a really evil vampire. Can't wait for tommorow nights episode series 3 is getting really dramatic. :D

Were the World Mine - an absolute stunner of a film, and one I can't believe I'd never heard of. I mean, a musical re-imagining of Midsummer's Night Dream? Where's this movie been all my life?! Though it was originally presented at indie LGBT festivals, I'd say this is one of the very best films I've ever seen, period, and should blow away anyone of any gender and persuasion. I've been listening to the title track (actual Shakespearean text put to magnificent music and sung as if by angels) for the best part of the night. A-ma-zing. Watch it yesterday. I did and, stroppy and disillusioned as I felt then, I now wear a big happy grin.

Frankie, do you generally like Elizabeth Perkins or just when she's acting with Jeff Daniels? I really loved her in this film called Moonlight and Valentino, and also Indian Summer. Oh and she's hilarious in the TV show Weeds!

I love Elizabeth Perkins in general :) I absolutely adored her in Big. If it wasn't such a sad movie I'd watch it repeatedly. I'll have to add Moonlight and Valentino and Indian Summer to my To Be Watched -list. :wink: I don't like her character in Weeds at all, which makes it very confusing because I really like her and I can see her talent in portraying that character :D

Edited by frankie

Oh the series stays great right through to the current ones so you have a lot to look forward to...my fave..well Mitchell for pure sexiness but you are right George has the best lines and is so funny, Annie is great especially when she makes cup's of tea all the time, its been ages since I saw the first series, I think Herik is well done because he looks like a normal person but inside is a really evil vampire. Can't wait for tommorow nights episode series 3 is getting really dramatic. :D

Oooh I can't wait to see more of it, Pickle. I was glad to know it was still on, too! I hate discovering a series that isn't even on anymore :lol:.

Can I ask why you don't like Perkins' character in Weeds, Frankie? I must admit she makes me laugh.

After dinner tonight we watched Croupier. Love Clive Owen!