The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

Nice, Alan Rickman :wub: Would you happen to remember, was this one of the movies that you suggested I should watch? I'm adding it to my list anyways :cool:

Hmm, I haven't known about Bottle Shock for that long so it's probably not one I recommended. It was most likely Bottle Rocket, which is my FAVE! :D That is a must-see for sure and I'm counting on you to track it down, Frankie.

Bottle Shock was good though, and you can't go wrong with Alan Rickman, Chris Pine and Bill Pullman! It's a true story too about a famous 1976 Paris wine tasting competition. Fascinating stuff!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I haven't known about Bottle Shock for that long so it's probably not one I recommended. It was most likely Bottle Rocket, which is my FAVE! :D That is a must-see for sure and I'm counting on you to track it down, Frankie.

Ah yep, that must've been it! I'm adding that to my list as well, thanks peace! :smile2: I'm still watching Bottle Shock though, cause there's Alan Rickman, tehehehe.

Edit: Almost forgot: I watched The Graduate the other day. Pretty good. I'm thinking I might enjoy the book as well.

I was a little disappointed with the book after reading the movie. It's not very well-written but I think it's pretty close to the movie. In fact, it might almost read like the movie script; a bit light on description. (I could be wrong; it's been a while since I've read it.) I would still recommend it though. I liked it well enough once I got used to the style, and there's also a sequel called Home School which I have on my TBR pile.

I was a little disappointed with the book after reading the movie. It's not very well-written but I think it's pretty close to the movie. In fact, it might almost read like the movie script; a bit light on description. (I could be wrong; it's been a while since I've read it.) I would still recommend it though. I liked it well enough once I got used to the style, and there's also a sequel called Home School which I have on my TBR pile.

Ah, that's a darn shame! I was thinking it might be a really excellent book. I'll read it at some point anyways, it's on the list :cool:

I watched Inception last night, and I think I need to watch it again. I thought it was okay, but I have a feeling that I didn't love it because I wasn't giving it my undivided attention. I was quite lost tbh, which is not something that usually happens to me. Put it this way - I understood the whole concept of a dream-within-a-dream thing, but I have no idea of the purpose :lol:

Oh, and I watched Moon earlier this week. Very odd, but definitely intriguing.

Just saw True Grit (Cohen bros. remake, not original), and it was fantastic! The story was completely engrossing and the little girl was fantastic! Of course, I now have to read the book and see the original John Wayne production...

Just saw True Grit (Cohen bros. remake, not original), and it was fantastic! The story was completely engrossing and the little girl was fantastic! Of course, I now have to read the book and see the original John Wayne production...

Hi angelha, how are you? I love the original film of 'True Grit', for me, its John Wayne at his best and I can' wait to see the Coen Brothers version :) I didn't know it was based on a book, another title to look out for, thanks :)

How To Train Your Dragon. Utterly, utterly loved it :wub::wub::wub:

Although I'm still trying to work out why the adult Vikings spoke with Scottish accents whilst the kids were all American :huh::lol:

I want Toothless for a pet. So much smarter than my stoopid cat :rolleyes::giggle2: