The Fifth Age: The Quest for the Stone of Power

fantasyfun

My friend passed along this book to me. I was very judgemental about it since it was Self Published book as I saw it was published by iUniverse. I have read these types of books before and was displeased with the work. However since I am into fantasy novels I gave it a try. I was very pleased with the book and story. The book is written for young adults but the author intelligently put in hidden meanings that could be enjoyed by adults. There is a lot of talk of social and political issues in the book without actually mentioning them.

Has anyone else read this book? It is very deep and has a good story that makes you want to turn the page. It is good for Political Science majors like me and good for reading a good adventure story. My friend mentioned it is sold on Amazon.com if you want to check it out. I enjoyed it and if you read it I would like to discuss it.

What do you think the adult underlining theme was? Do you think some parts were too intense for young adults? Do you think the four mages represent a part of human nature?

Please there is so much to discuss in this I would like to discuss it.

Anyway I explained this is not a promotion I was just suprised a self published book was any good.

Anyway I guess it will be here for awhile but if anyone has read it please I would like to discuss it with others especially the adult messages in a book that is Juvenille Fiction