Sherlock

Raven

Both episodes have been fantastic! Now I'm just so sad that there's only one more to enjoy in this season - how long will we have to wait for more?! Oh, the agony!!!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Genuinely think Sunday's might be one of the best we've had in a long time. Thought it had a perfect mix of humour (more than usual, actually: I was in hysterics at times), action (Mrs Hudson raising the game!), emotional range (particularly some of the John/Sherlock scenes - wow!), and of course, the fabulous twist(s). Do genuinely think that

Sherlock will die in The Final Problem

and that this will be the last season, but gosh they're going out with a bang...

Edited by Ben

Cumberbatch did say in an interview that Series 4 "goes to a place where it will be pretty hard to follow on immediately", so anything could happen.  Your spoiler-guess would make a lot of fans of the show extremely sad, though, so I hope it doesn't happen.  I don't think Twitter could take the strain.  :lol:

Cumberbatch did say in an interview that Series 4 "goes to a place where it will be pretty hard to follow on immediately", so anything could happen.  Your spoiler-guess would make a lot of fans of the show extremely sad, though, so I hope it doesn't happen.  I don't think Twitter could take the strain.   :lol:

Yeah I have heard the comments... kind of makes me think

it might be John instead? Not impossible to come back from but pretty difficult...

But yeah Twitter definitely would definitely struggle. :lol:

Ben, from what I've read, 

the creators are keen to continue with the series. I think it will keep going, but we'll be waiting just as long between series as we are now. I hope it keeps going, anyway!

There was something about the first episode that made it a little disappointing. Still enjoyed it - but when I compare it against the very high standard of this programme, it wasn't quite there. I can't pinpoint what it was that I wasn't happy with - so maybe I just had too high an expectation. Still a good watch though. 

The second episode however was all kinds of awesome  :D

First episode, meh. Second episode, bit weird, but good until the second last ridiculous twist, followed by the last, also ridiculous twist.

Don't even want to watch the third one. That satirical news article I saw somewhere about 'Missing Person declared as Sherlock writer disappears up own hole' is the truest thing I've read about series 4 even without seeing the final ep, and it was the final ep that prompted that article.

Episode 2 watched and I thought it was amazing eventually.  Wondered what on earth was going on at first, once I learned to stop trying to do something else at the same time as watching it and paid attention.  They are dark and strange and I think it makes it interesting and so different from anything else we watch.

Yes, you definitely have to pay close attention, don't you, Shirley? I watched the first two episodes by myself and then again the following day with a friend. Both times I picked up on things I hadn't noticed the first time.

Whatever that last episode was on Sunday night, it wasn't Sherlock.

The rest of the series was fine, but I have no idea what to make of the final episode. It was overdone with the music and the plot line - it was like something out of Saw.

Edited by Angury

Whatever that last episode was on Sunday night, it wasn't Sherlock.

The rest of the series was fine, but I have no idea what to make of the final episode. It was overdone with the music and the plot line - it was like something out of Saw.

Totally agree.  A bitterly disappointing ending to the series.

Well that last episode was strange.  I sometimes wonder why Dr Watson just stands there looking confused and not really taking part in anything that is going on whilst Sherlock runs around, it is like he is not part of any of it.

I know I said at the end of the episode that was good, but ask me now what happened at the end and I could not tell you.