Sherlock

Raven

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just finished watching the three Sherlock episodes - yes, I know I'm a little late! I have to say, they were wonderful; I thought the characters were excellent, the script was witty and quick, and I found myself enjoying the series immensely.

I want more.

Edited by Ben

That sums up my thoughts exactly, Ben! I can't wait for the next episodes. :D

Is there on any news on how many we're getting? I remember Giu mentioning on Facebook that there was ten, although the Wikipedia page for the series only says that we're getting another three. Either way, I don't mind, but I know I'd prefer ten episodes; that would be awesome. Oh, does anyone else think that the person they revealed as 'Moriarty' isn't actually him? It doesn't seem likely, but I'm probably wrong.

Edited by Ben

The second series will be 3 x 90min episodes, Ben. There's no way they could write and film 10 episodes of that length in less than a year! As it is, it's the equivalent of three feature films - Moffat's got Doctor Who to do as well don't forget :lol:

Just being greedy I guess. :lol: Still can't wait, though. ;D

Edited by Ben

Oh, does anyone else think that the person they revealed as 'Moriarty' isn't actually him? It doesn't seem likely, but I'm probably wrong.

No, I'm not convinced it's him either. It was too easy for it to be him - I want someone a bit more threatening than him!

No, I'm not convinced it's him either. It was too easy for it to be him - I want someone a bit more threatening than him!

That's precisely what I thought Kell - it just seemed far too simple to be him really!

• 1 month later...

Just finished watching all three episodes...borrowed the DVD from the library, and they are going on my Amazon Wish List as well. :D

I resisted as long as I could, and finally couldn't stand it anymore. I really didn't think it could be that well transposed to the present. I wuzz wrong!

I do like the idea of the two sides of the coin...on one side, the World's Only Consulting Detective, on the other the World's Only Consulting Criminal. Moving in tandem so to speak. My OH thought that Mycroft was Moriarty as well, but I thought he looked to "civil servant[ish]" for Moriarty. The idea of the guy at the end purporting to be Moriarty, fronting for Mycroft is interesting. Dunno if it'll pan out that way or not. The rivalry between Mycroft and Sherlock, so different from the original, and that is the main thing that gives credence to that theory [for me].

Loved the ending! :icon_eek:

• 2 weeks later...

I watched this recently and enjoyed it very much. :D I thought they did a very good job of bringing Sherlock into the modern era. Watson was somewhat dull, though... But I can't wait for the next series. :D

I want more and I genuinely can't wait for this series to come back on television again.

Edited by Ben

• 4 months later...

I hope you enjoy it. :)

All four of us really liked it, which doesn't happen very often - in fact, probably only with Top Gear and Waterloo Road (although my hubby claims he only watches WR because it's on - funny how he's happy to watch it when I have to catch up on iPlayer! :giggle2: ).

I'm going to let Abi to stay up and watch it even though it doesn't finish until 10am seeing as it's the last week at school!

Love this series! So I am watching it again and recording it so I can watch it whenever the fancy takes me.

Its well done and well worth a look ...

Must admit was a bit nervous the first time I watched it as I loved jeremy brett series but this series is A1

I love this series. Although I have to say that initially I was somewhat skeptical given the coincidental dual relaunch of Sherlock Holmes in the Cinema and (this version) on the TV. Love how Moffat and Gatiss are approaching it. The next series will again follow the structure of the first and be a series of almost TV movies rather than a traditional long run season. Its also worryingly cheap on Amazon at the moment I think, about £6 for the Blu-Ray.

Oh - Oh - exciting info: They were filming the new series on site where I work (in one of the buildings). I made sure I took my lunchtime walk in full view of the windows, just in case (million in one chance) they were pointing and rolling the cameras my way at the time :giggle2:

Oh - Oh - exciting info: They were filming the new series on site where I work (in one of the buildings). I made sure I took my lunchtime walk in full view of the windows, just in case (million in one chance) they were pointing and rolling the cameras my way at the time :giggle2:

See anything good happening on set at all?

I too was delighted to see the first part repeated last night. It's amazing how much you can forget over a period of a year. Parts 2 and 3 are on the next two weeks - does that bode well for the new series to be shown shortly after that? :)

I watched it again last night and its still brilliant

I think the actors make an excellent due

I am not the slightest bit interested in watching the film version though

Me too, absolutely not Easy Reader.

See anything good happening on set at all?

No - it was all very hidden away on the top floor of one of the buildings (a different building to mine). I didn't even spot anyone famous (or even crew come to that) in the carpark where all the big winebago type trucks were.

Aww, your excitement is cute. :giggle:

I hope they show the series again here.

No - it was all very hidden away on the top floor of one of the buildings (a different building to mine). I didn't even spot anyone famous (or even crew come to that) in the carpark where all the big winebago type trucks were.

That's disappointing. Oh well you'll just have to go back and do some better sneaky stalking :lurker::P

On a serious note, that is a bit disappointing, although its good to know at the least that production is in full swing :)