Your Book Activity Today - Thread 12

Janet

Well, despite my good intentions, I'm now the owner of Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (I was supposed to be waiting for a library copy, but a certain forum member kept metaphorically wafting their shiny new copy in front of me, so lunchtime found me outside Waterstone's £9.99 poorer, but one book richer :roll:

Also picked up a few books from the library:

The Lost Book of Salem by Katherine Howe

The Recruit by Robert Muchamore

Class A by Robert Muchamore

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Shines halo and bats eyelashes* :D You'll love it. It's definitely a keeper.

The Lost Book of Salem has been on my list as well. May need to pick that one up tonight if I think of it :)

Been reading a bit more in Clockwork Angel today. I can't wait until the next in the series comes out!

Finished The Whole Day Through today. Such a lovely book, a little bit sad, but wonderful characters and an unexpected ending. Definitely will be looking for more by Patrick Gale now.

I' read that one too and enjoyed it.

Therapy by Sebastian Fitzek arrived in the post today....bookring on here.

Also read some more of Cross Country Quilters.

Pontalba, I read Regeneration by Pat Barker and was a bit ambivalent about it. However, it's one of the few books I've reread, and I enjoyed it much more on its second outing. I haven't got round to reading the two sequels yet. I hope you enjoy them. :)

I haven't read any Maugham but I like the sound of The Moon and Sixpence.

I'm two-thirds of the way through The White Queen by Phillipa Gregory, which is our latest Bookgroup read.

You know sometimes it's like that, I'll like a book more in retrospect than during the actual reading, or reread. Oddness. :)

Thanks Janet, I'll certainly post about them when I do read them.

I've only read one Maugham, The Razor's Edge and while I did enjoy it, it isn't something I'd go back and reread, and even though I have a couple more of his on my TBR shelf, I won't go out of my way in a big hurry to read him.

I just reserved tickets for Karin Slaughter, who's coming to town next week. :woohoo::woohoo:

It's supposed to be a reading but hopefully she'll sign books aswell!

Oooh, awesome! I'm jealous :)

I'm still reading Dexter Is Delicious. I've been sick since this Monday and I haven't felt like reading at all, but I have managed to read 10-20 pages every day before going to sleep. The books getting better and better, I'm just annoyed that the timing is so wrong for the two latest Dexter novels. :blush: But no worries, I'm feeling much better and I think I'm able to do a lot more reading during the weekend. That is, if I can quit watching Big Brother live feed :blush:

I already had most of John Le Carré's books, but have now sewn up the last of the Smiley Series... A Murder of Quality came in the mail today. Yays!

The Bookpeople were selling the first five Smiley stories for £7.99 until recently, I finally got around to ordering only for them to cancel the order because they had sold out. I'm annoyed that I didn't get my foot in the door sooner.

The Bookpeople were selling the first five Smiley stories for £7.99 until recently, I finally got around to ordering only for them to cancel the order because they had sold out. I'm annoyed that I didn't get my foot in the door sooner.

I searched around on Amazon Marketplace to find good hardbacks, it took a while though. I've gotten loads of good buys there.

Woo for Lost Book of Salem, Chesil and Abby! Loved that book so much. Abby, you know to look for it under the title 'Physic Book of Deliverance Dane,' right? ;)

I'm just about at the halfway point of Sweetness, and honestly will hate to see it end!