Your Book Activity Today - Thread 12

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just reserved tickets for Karin Slaughter, who's coming to town next week. :woohoo::woohoo:

It's supposed to be a reading but hopefully she'll sign books aswell!

We will need pictures and a full report! :D Oo, I am so jealous ~ I think she will be a good author to meet.

I finished Tess Gerritssen's Life Support which I picked up in the market at the weekend, I did enjoy it but its not the same as the Rizzoli and Isles series, but it is obvious that she knows her medical stuff.

So I am continuing with Skullduggery Pleasant - Mortal Coil which I am loving, I only wish I didn't have to come in to work it gets in the way of my reading.

I must say the ol' mojo has been good to me lately. After finishing VLAD, which I loved, I have been on a reading spree. I had last week off and I got to read some good books including The Dvina Remains; A Whispered Name and now I am in the middle of Silesian Station, a great book highlighting Berlin just before WWII breaks out. There is a series and I am reading the second one. I will have to get hold of the others to complete the picture.

Edited by SueK

We will need pictures and a full report! :D Oo, I am so jealous ~ I think she will be a good author to meet.

I'm so excited and very lucky to be able to go, because later that evening I gotta catch a train to switzerland for a mini-vacation. Fortunately the train leaves at midnight and the reading is at 8.15pm. That should be enough time.

I also signed up for John Katzenbach in November :jump:

I have about 45 pages remaining of Cakes and Ale by Somserset Maugham. It is my third encounter with him, having previously read The Painted Veil and The Moon and Sixpence, both of which I was extremely fond of. He's incredibly easy to read, which may account for how long and successful his writing career was.

Just went to the library today and stocked up - I've got The Life of Pi by Yann Martel, Vlad: the Last Confession, For Whom the Bell Tolls by E Hemingway and a Jill Mansell book to break it all up.

I hope you'll enjoy Life of Pi, it's one of my favourite books ever. :)

EDIT: I'm doing my best to finish Le testament, (which has been great so far) so I can continue with the fresh pile I've brought from the library yesterday, and of course, I need to squeeze A Spot of Bother in there too!

It's going to be a busy September...

Edited by Brida

I finished The Heretic's Daughter this morning :D. Loved every page, and am so glad I finally got to read it! I was surprised near the end to see the name Nathaniel Ames mentioned, and will have to do some research to see if he's related to my Rebecca Blake Eames (later changed to Ames) who was involved in the witch trials as well.

Tonight I plan on starting The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley.

Change of plan on the next book front, I've got a busy couple of weeks coming up and starting A Brief History of Time now isn't the best idea if I want to get through it so I've switched to The Man in the High Castle instead.

Hawking will have to wait!

About 70 pages to go of The Crucifix killer. Good book and last night it totally took my mind off everything. People who like detectives catching a serial killer like the authors Jack Kerley or jonathan Nawsaw will like it. Hope to finish this today and then decide what to read next. I have so many books to read, but I need a good book to keep my mojo going, as I will be stuck in a waiting room for much of the day.

***Edit** I have now finished Chris Carter - The Crucifix Killer. Great ending, exactly what I needed. I am deciding between two books (I stillw anted to stay in the Crime Genre) erica Spindler - In silence. Which is one of the books that Charm gave me. Or M.J. Rose - The Halo Effect. A book I have had for months to read. I will be readin this book for hte rest of the day, so I have to pick wisely.

Edited by catwoman

13 chapters in to The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and absolutely adoring it! I love Bradley's writing, and Flavia is so quirky and interesting that I'm having a hard time putting the book down! Definitely going to need to pick up the second book in the series. :D

13 chapters in to The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and absolutely adoring it! I love Bradley's writing, and Flavia is so quirky and interesting that I'm having a hard time putting the book down! Definitely going to need to pick up the second book in the series. :D

I just started this one too, Whitegold, and I'm loving it! I'm finding myself laughing out loud quite often and will definitely be looking to continue the series as well.

Starting reading Codex by Lev Grossman - books and games! What more could I want in a book? :D

I look forward to hearing what you think Noll. I have this book on my TBR pile but I have heard nothing but bad reviews and because of this it is right at the bottom of my TBR pile. Hoping you can convince me to bump it up a bit.