Your Book Activity Today - Thread 12

Janet

Jealous!!! Can't wait to see what you think of this, I've been meaning to order it all week :rolleyes: Hope you enjoy it :D

Hahaa, made you look at my reading blog! I'm glad I convinced you to order the book todayish :smile2:

I finished Triptych last night then started Generation Dead by Daniel Waters. So far so good, I can handle the dead people, just a bit unsettling, I'm such a wuss :blush:

I hope you enjoyed Triptych? I can't remember which Slaughter title refers to which book, so I can't be sure what happened in that one. Was it a Will Trent novel or Gran County? Wanna shed some light on it?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new Skullduggery Pleasant book Mortal Coil by Derek Landy arrived thios morning...I am not saving it for the holidays I am going to read it this weekend...if you ever want to read hilarious dedications read the front of his books.

Stone's Fall by Iain Pears

Excellent Pears purchase, Pontalba!! I hope you like it :D.

I stopped at the library on my way home last night for the first time in ages and picked up a book on CD, Insatiable by Meg Cabot. It's pretty funny so far, almost making fun of all the vampire-hype going on these last few years. I also read quite a bit of The Heretic's Daughter last night before bed and will most likely finish it this weekend. SUCH a great book!

I finished Personally I Blame My Fairy Godmother by Claudia Carroll. Not the best book I've ever read but not the worst either. Although I got more and more annoyed at the main character by the end.

Not sure what to start next...I have a few books on my TBR list that I want to read.

I just finished Catching Fire and boy am I glad I already have the third book ready to go! I'm so glad I waited to read the trilogy all in one hit. :) I'll be starting Mockingjay very shortly.

I found out, that the last book of the Kate Connor Series by Julie Kenner, is not the last book. It's only the last book they published in german, because they couldn't sell enough they are just not going to publish the fifth book in german at all.

What am I gonna do now? Have 4 books in german and one in english?

Buy all five books in english and dunp the german ones or keep the german ones. Not read the fifth book at all?

I hate it when things like that happen. :(

Edited by lopeanha

Hahaa, made you look at my reading blog! I'm glad I convinced you to order the book todayish :smile2:

I hope you enjoyed Triptych? I can't remember which Slaughter title refers to which book, so I can't be sure what happened in that one. Was it a Will Trent novel or Gran County? Wanna shed some light on it?

The first Will Trent.

from Waterstones.com:

When Atlanta police detective Michael Ormewood is called out to a murder scene at the notorious Grady Homes, he finds himself faced with one of the most brutal killings of his career: Aleesha Monroe is found in the stairwell in a pool of her own blood, her body horribly mutilated. As a one-off killing, it's shocking, but when it becomes clear, that it's just the latest in a series of similar attacks, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation are called in, and Ormewood is forced into working with Special Agent Will Trent of the Criminal Apprehension Team - a man he instinctively dislikes. But then, only twenty-four hours later, the violence Ormewood sees around him every day explodes in his own back yard. And it seems the mystery behind Monroe's death is inextricably entangled with a past that refuses to stay buried ...

I just finished Catching Fire and boy am I glad I already have the third book ready to go! I'm so glad I waited to read the trilogy all in one hit. :) I'll be starting Mockingjay very shortly.

I read the Hunger games and loved it and keep meaning to read Catching Fire.

When Atlanta police detective Michael Ormewood is called out to a murder scene at the notorious Grady Homes, he finds himself faced with one of the most brutal killings of his career: Aleesha Monroe is found in the stairwell in a pool of her own blood, her body horribly mutilated. As a one-off killing, it's shocking, but when it becomes clear, that it's just the latest in a series of similar attacks, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation are called in, and Ormewood is forced into working with Special Agent Will Trent of the Criminal Apprehension Team - a man he instinctively dislikes. But then, only twenty-four hours later, the violence Ormewood sees around him every day explodes in his own back yard. And it seems the mystery behind Monroe's death is inextricably entangled with a past that refuses to stay buried ...

Ooooh!! Now I remember. I think it's one of the best novels Slaughter has written. Such an excellent thriller! Thanks for reminding me, CW :smile2:

I think the same Frankie. Such a good thriller.

*Edit*

D'oh I keep forgetting to tal about my reading activity. I am up to pg 150 of The Crucifix Killer. It's good and very fast paced, my only complaint so far.. There are quite a few cheesy cliches in the book that have made me think Oh dear, quite a few times.

Edited by catwoman

My mojo seems to be lagging. I've read nothing more of Emma, opting for chick-lit from the shelf at work instead (which I only usually read when I've found the previous book hard going). The Full Cupboard of Life arrived from Inver so I may try that instead.

I did indeed look at your blog! I did not however order anything today :irked: What is wrong with me?? I keep putting it off!!! :hissyfit:

I also read quite a bit of The Heretic's Daughter last night before bed and will most likely finish it this weekend. SUCH a great book!

Oh I'm so pleased you're enjoying it, I thought you might, but I'm glad you actually are! ;)

Finished Devil in Disguise by Julian Clary. It wasn't a bad read, a bit predictable in places. It was good enough that I made a grab for his other novel Murder Most Fab, in the library today.

I also got Body Double and Whistleblower both by Tess Gerritsen.

I haven't yet done any reading today, but I've spent most of the day alphabetising my books and reshelving them. So much fun! My library now looks all nice and neat for Frankie. :)

I plan to read a good bit of Mockingjay later. I only got through one chapter late last night (actually it was early this morning; I just couldn't go to bed until I had read a bit!)

I haven't done any reading at all for the last few days so I'm feeling horribly guilty about it especially as I've been buying more books to add to my TBR pile :blush:

Don't feel guilty! Fill that pile! laugh.gif

The Mike Hammer Omnibus Volume 1 by Mickey Spillane - £1.99 in the remaindered bookshop in Bromley. They don't write 'em like this anymore:

"Here's one you'll like, chum", Velda grinned at me. She pulled out a full-length photo of a gorgeous blonde. My heart jumped when I saw it. The picture was taken at a beach, and she stood there tall and languid-looking in a white bathing suit. Long solid legs. A little heavier than the movie experts consider good form, but the kind that make you drool to look at.

Only managed to read 18 pages today. I went up the village and bought a book about the illuminati. sounded interesting and was only 50p!

My sort of book CW. Not the subject just the price :giggle2:

I might get a book finished today.