Your Book Activity Today - Thread 12

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting on well with Trial & Retribution II. Lynda la Plante does not disappoint. 

I read my first Lynda La Plante book last week, Red Dahlia, thoroughly enjoyed it and looking forward to reading more of her work. :)

Nice to have you back! :hug:

I'm now up to page 205 of Copycat and starting to get into it, just another 532 pages to go, just as well I'm enjoying it! ;)

Glad your mojo's behaving! :wink:

Edited by pipread

Nice to have you back! :hug:

I'm now up to page 205 of Copycat and starting to get into it, just another 532 pages to go, just as well I'm enjoying it! ;)

Thanks, Charm!! :D Glad you are getting into your book and keeping your mojo around!

Today I:

- pottered around the second-hand bookshops of Stratford-Upon-Avon and drooled over pretty books I could not afford

- emerged from the local Waterstone's with a much longer wishlist than I had entered with (let us just say, I had to be asked to leave :lurker:)

- read 7 pages of Jack Vance's The Dying Earth on the bus :) so far so good - I'm not sure I'm too keen on the distressed damsel element, however the man has a way with words so I'll probably forgive him.

Today I:

- pottered around the second-hand bookshops of Stratford-Upon-Avon and drooled over pretty books I could not afford

I know this feeling, Bookjumper. :(

I am half way done with Kafka on the Shore and I can't express how much I love this book so far. If the author's other books are similar, I am going to be in new-author-to-adore-but-can't-afford-it-heaven(or hell, depending on your perspective). :D

Finished The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon yesterday, a really excellent read. I am now going to start Little Hands Clapping by Dan Rhodes.

Edited by tunn300

Finished the wonderful A Widow for One Year by John Irving.

Thinking of picking up Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey. I read it decades ago, but can't remember most of it.

What are your options?

Well... 270 books on my TBR ;) You can take a look at my reading blog if you want to help :lol: 

Edit: I'm getting rid of a few books that I've read and will not read again. Fortunately one of the Denmark posse girls I'm seeing this weekend is an avid reader too and she's glad to get them all. I'm donating Lynda la Plante's Trial & Retribution II, Karen Harper's Down to the Bone, Peter Robinson's Aftermath, Henning Mankell's Sidetracked and John Ajvide Lindqvist's Let the Right One In. My friend collects Mankell herself which is great but she hasn't heard of the other titles before. I'm just glad that I know these books will be given a loving new home :) 

Edited by frankie

- emerged from the local Waterstone's with a much longer wishlist than I had entered with (let us just say, I had to be asked to leave :lurker:)

They asked you to leave? :o Why? I've spent hours in the ones in Bath, Wells and Trowbridge and nobody has batted an eyelid.

I'm still plodding through Lovely Green Eyes by Arnošt Lustig. It's a bit dull, to tell the truth, but I'm going to have to persevere with it as it is the Czech Republic book for my World Challenge!

They asked you to leave? Why? I've spent hours in the ones in Bath, Wells and Trowbridge and nobody has batted an eyelid.
Because everything that isn't a restaurant closes at six in Stratford, and I'm used to Londonite hours now :blush:!

I've just finished The Fellowship of the Ring on my quick re-read of the trilogy ready for my uni course. Onto The Two Towers now. Hopefully will have the whole thing finished by next week.

I finished Linwood Barclays - Too Close to Home it was good but I did figure out the story before the end. So I am back to pride and Predjudice and Zombies its really really funny.