Your Book Activity Today - Thread 12

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have just created the world's littlest Pratchett fan! After his bath, I decided to read "Where's My Cow?" to Xan. He loved it so much he immediately shouted "Again! Again!"

Awww that's so canny Kell :D

Finished Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk. Absolutely loved it! :D

This is probably my favourite book of all time Whitegold. I'm glad you enjoyed it :D I'm not sure what my favourite short story is though....probably Mr Whittakers. It had the surprise factor!

I recommended it to a friend recently and he recommended American Psycho to me (which is his favourite book) so that's what I'm reading now. He's enjoying Haunted :D

I could have sworn I said "Thanks for this, Nicola, I look forward to reading it" last night, but I can't see it anywhere. I must be cracking up :D ....

So ... thanks for this, Nicola, I look forward to reading it.

:D You're welcome. Hope you like it.

About 45 pages through The Gestapo: A Secret History of Hitler's Secret Police and also read a couple more chapters of Lisey's Story.

Well, I got a voucher today to buy a bit of Doctor Who merch and had a few quid left over, so I ordered on Amazon:

Drood by Dan Simmons

The Testament Of Gideon Mack by James Robertson

Both have quite mixed reviews, but they also both sound very fascinating, so I'm giving them a go. They only cost a penny each on Amazon!

I've got the testament of gideon mack as well but haven't started it yet, I got it from an awesome cheap book shop.

Oh yeah also finished Frankenstein by Shelley again over the last couple days :D

I've got Gideon Mack as well on my book pile :D

Nearly 100 pages read in Don't Look Now it's fairly easy going so i should finish it in the next few days.

I am about two-thirds of the way through Haunted and I am liking it more and more. I think it's because I am starting to see a theme underneath what is supposed to be shocking (and isn't, to me). :D

I bought today ~

Under the Dome by Stephen King

Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger

:D

Guest Eliza1

I finished The Winter House by Nicci Gerrard on Sunday. I cried :) A book hasn't done that to me in ages. The story wasn't particularly riveting, it was a bit boring in places due to a lack of variation of settings but it's a very emotional read. Was for me anyway :D It's like a cross between wuthering heights and my sisters keeper.

I'm reading Moby Dick now.

I'm going to start Sarwat Chadda - Dark Goddess

I have this and the 1st one on the "must read sometime sooner than the rest of my new books" TBR pile, was Devil's Kiss any good?

I've just started re-reading Shiver and got Three Weeks To Say Goodbye & 2 Simon Brett books from the library :)

Not really read anything today nothing new to read having friends down really puts a damper on my book purchasing/borrowing I really wish I had something new to read, I have got an audio book but its dull and I am not finding it interesting.

I have this and the 1st one on the "must read sometime sooner than the rest of my new books" TBR pile, was Devil's Kiss any good?

I've just started re-reading Shiver and got Three Weeks To Say Goodbye & 2 Simon Brett books from the library :D

I don't actually know, I was sent the second one to review having not even heard of him before :) It looks really interesting though.

Took An Education - Lynn Barber back to the library at work (me and my friend found it in the Customer Centre on our Friday lunch break :)) as I read it over the weekend.

Started Her Fearful Symmetry - Audrey Niffenegger on the tram. I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm only about 60+ pages in so that could change.

I don't actually know, I was sent the second one to review having not even heard of him before :D It looks really interesting though.

That's what I thought about the 1st one! I will say though, having read the synopsis for Dark Goddess it looks as though it might be a tad confusing if you haven't read the first one :) I think I will start Devil's Kiss over the weekend - only after I've finished Linger of course :D

Yesterday, during my Witz break, I devoured We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson in one gulp, with just a short brunch break. I just started Consequences by Penelope Lively, which may take me a while longer to read.

That's what I thought about the 1st one! I will say though, having read the synopsis for Dark Goddess it looks as though it might be a tad confusing if you haven't read the first one :) I think I will start Devil's Kiss over the weekend - only after I've finished Linger of course :D

I'm hoping it'll explain the back story, but I guess I can only see! :lol: Enjoy Linger, I hope mine comes soon! :D

Finished Close to Shore by Michael Capuzzo. Great book. Posted a small review over in my book list thread here.

I LOVED that book, Pontalba! I read it earlier this year and found it so fascinating :).

I read more of The Last Witchfinder last night and tonight after dinner, and am about 120 pages from the end.

This is probably my favourite book of all time Whitegold. I'm glad you enjoyed it :) I'm not sure what my favourite short story is though....probably Mr Whittakers. It had the surprise factor!

I recommended it to a friend recently and he recommended American Psycho to me (which is his favourite book) so that's what I'm reading now. He's enjoying Haunted :D

It was absolutely amazing! I love Palahniuks style. He is definitely my favorite author!

Ooh let me know how American Psycho is! I have it on my TBR pile. The movie is awesome! Definitely one of my top faves :D

I've read some chunks of Lucky Jim and Howl's Moving Castle. I only have about 20 pages left of the latter and should get the former finished by tomorrow as well.

I read 125 pages before I knew it after picking up Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets earlier lol. Wonderful tale to step into for a long night.