Academic query letter question

BookJumper

Ahem:lurker:!

Yesterday I sent out a couple of emails of the 'I'd like to do PhD X with Professor Y, please find attached a brief outline of my proposal' variety. After sending them I realised that (having edited and re-edited it a million times) my outline ended up containing two typos in the form of words which shouldn't have been there - namely "[my] Italian" and "[a] perfection".

I now don't know what to do: do I re-send it errorless, and risk coming off as nitpicky and/or pushy, or do I cross my fingers and hope that with me having two degrees it won't cross their minds to think I can't spell?

Please advise *meep*!

I'd say that if the two words don't make their sentences look too weird then just leave it.

If however they render the E mails completely senseless, then re send with an "Oops" note.

Either way ~ DON'T STRESS! :lol:

Sending something extra will come across as awkward and will call attention to the typos. I know it can be hard to not do it, since you want them to know you can spell, but I would just leave it as is. One email isn't going to kill your chances of getting in. Good luck! :lol:

It was driving me nuts, so I compromised - I emailed everyone back, but rather than pointing the finger towards the specific typos I told them all to 'please find attached the revised outline for my proposed project'... hopefully that should do the trick, views seem to be conflicting as some people said they'd find the correction sweet as well as promising in the academic sense, while others said they'd find it pedantic so... argh. Thanks guys, hopefully you're right and it was never a big deal in the first place but... DOUBLE-ARGH!!! [eloquent, aren't I? And I call myself a scholar...]

Thank you :roll: not that I'm not pedantic, I am and proud of it too, just I don't want to come off as such unless I know for a fact that Prof. Y in question loves ped... I mean, careful, eagle-eyed, passionate, committed students :lol: maybe I do worry too much but the universe knows I want to be able so sign off correspondence 'Dr. Giulia I. Sandelewski' in a few years' time...!

Next time Spreadshirt have a sale on, you're (err) on :lol: I need to raid them anyway.

Quick question for those in the know: will there actually be anyone in a postgraduate office in July *cries*?