The D'Artagnan Romances

I've been searching for a collection of these tales by Alexandre Dumas Pere for quite some time. I have TOR's version of the first part, The Three Musketeers on my shelf but I'm in search of a collection of all the books.

Here's a list from Gutenburg:

1. The Three Musketeers [book 1]

2. Twenty Years After [book 2]

3. The Vicomte de Bragelonne [book 3 : Chapters 1 to 75]

4. Ten Years Later [book 3 : Chapters 76 to 140]

5. Louise de la Valliere [book 3 : Chapters 141 to 208]

6. The Man In The Iron Mask [book 3 : Chapters 209 to 269]

Can anyone point me to a consistent edition (in English) that has all these, with annotations, if possible?

I'm considering taking the Gutenburg e-text, formatting it neatly and getting it printed and leatherbound with nice embossing (yes I am that patient). But all that only if I can't find an edition that has them all.

I wish I can find a hardbound edition that has them all, that would be just beautiful!

I know you can get all of them from Oxford's World Classics (I have them!) in paperback. I don't know about hardcover versions, though. Sorry.

They are available through amazon.com, which is where I purchased them.

Oh wow...

Well I'll take paperbacks if I get them easily. I can't shop online so I'll have to place an order to get them at the bookshops hereabouts.

How are they? I've never read any Oxford world classics before so I'm curious about the annotations, the introduction and stuff.

I've only encountered Shakespeare in Oxford World Classics form, the feeling I have gathered from this experience is that their introductions and notes are concisely informative, brilliant for those who've never approached a text before but maybe not enough for someone with your requirements; I don't know how many notes there actually are in their editions of prose, either, but my bet is not that many.

I haven't read them yet, but I just did a quick browse through them and there are no annotations within the text itself (which is a huge plus for me, I find this distracting), but there is an introduction, bibliography, chronology, and also quite a few pages of explanatory notes in the back. The editing, introduction, and notes are by David Coward. They are trade paperbacks and don't seem like they would easily fall apart.

I hope all of this information helped. :blush:

Edited by Pixie

Well since I find the number of annotations in a Wordsworth Classic more than sufficient, I should supposed that the Oxford World Classics editions should be enough. I hope to find these hereabouts. I really haven't seen any OWC books in India though. I'll keep my hopes up and search for a month or two and after that, I'll *drools* leatherbind the printed Gutenburg copies and *doubledrool* emboss the title in golden letters.