Anne Rice - Vampire Chronicles

Stiggy

I first found the book s while working on a trawler whan I was about 15. The interview with the vampire was just one of a box of books we got as a 2nd hand cheap lot for on the boat. I read and re-read it dozens of times.

It didnt quite change my life but it came close. Whereas before I wasnt interested in life that much it changed one aspect of my thinking a lot.

I wanted to see what would happen next.

To the world.

To me.

I have read nearly all her books and have a soft spot for "the mummy", but dont read it expecting anything more than a "popcorn" read, its a book for fun, a one off in a very different style to the Vampire books.

I enjoyed Lasher and the mayfair witches, the idea of an entity planning and executing a plot stretching over generations was great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is also Blood and Gold, which takes place just after Queen of the Damned. Merrick, which I've struggled to get into, Blood Canticle, and I've forgotten the rest of them...

Some of Interview was ok, but I didn't totally buy Tom Cruise as Lestat, or Brad as Louis if I'm honest. They didn't really capture the grace of the books, there was no subtlety, the hints that you got in the books, and the insight into the thoughts and reasons of the vampire actions. I know that you can't reproduce the books into a film but this is just another reason that either some books shouldn't be made into films, or just that the wrong directors were used

• 6 years later...