Victorian literature

I've had George Eliot's Middlemarch on my TBR for almost a decade now. If anyone's reading it, be sure to tell me and I'll join you guys.

I bought Silas Marner recently. I found the first chapter really interesting. I think I'll read the book soon.

I second reading Sherlock Holmes's adventures. They're a fantastic read!

Hmmm and do read RL Stevenson!! I've found The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde a fascinating read!

Is it that boring? looollll :roll: What did you find boring in the book?

The characters were stuffy and fake and the writing style was verbose. I realize that this may all have been done purposely, as the book was meant to be a satire, but I didn't find it amusing. Just annoying. :blush:

Please don't go by me, though, if you are thinking of reading it. Many people enjoyed it. I just couldn't.

I've had George Eliot's Middlemarch on my TBR for almost a decade now. If anyone's reading it, be sure to tell me and I'll join you guys.

Middlemarch is a great read :blush: The BBC also did a really good production of it a few years ago which you can probably get on DVD now.