Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SaraPepparkaka

Sara's UN challenge

32 posts in this topic

I noticed you've read L'Echappée belle by Anna Gavalda, how did you like it? :)

It was a nice little book, don't remember too much about it now, but I remember that I've felt like running away from various events (like weddings) and that it was nice reading about someone who actually did run away.

Yes it was quite short, I would've liked there to be more to read. The book's actually small enough to fit one's purse, one could at least carry it with oneself to another wedding one isn't too keen on attending, and read about people escaping weddings... :giggle2:

Yes it was quite short, I would've liked there to be more to read. The book's actually small enough to fit one's purse, one could at least carry it with oneself to another wedding one isn't too keen on attending, and read about people escaping weddings... :giggle2:

Very good point!

Added some more books I've read for this challenge. By now, I think one lifetime isn't enough to complete this. Still, every now and then I read a book for this.

For Ukraine, would A short History of Tractors in Ukrainian by Marina Lewycka count?  it is really funny and like all the best comedic books, very true to life too.

Sorry JudyM for not answering you sooner- I have set the criteria for my challenge that an author is to be born in the country I wish to cross off my list, and I like it best if that author also has lived in said country as an adult, at least for a short period of time. But I have looked at Marina Lewyckas book now and then and it seems interesting, I haven't read it yet though.