Randomly recalled childhood favourite!

But all I recall is a guy named Spider.

I SHOULD know what this book is called, but I'd forgotten about it until now. It's a young adult book, I think, probably for early to mid teens. I think Spider might have been a runaway or something similar, and I know his girlfriend was a main character in it too.

Anyway, if anyone recalls a YA book with a main character called Spider, please let me know! Thanks.

How old is it, Nollaig? There's a fairly recent book called Numbers by Rachel Ward:

From amazon:

Since her mother's death, fifteen-year-old Jem has kept a secret. When her eyes meet someone else's, a number pops into her head the date on which they will die. Knowing that nothing lasts forver, Jem avoids relationships, but when she meets a boy called Spider, and they plan a day out together, her life takes a new twist and turn. Waiting for the London Eye, she sees everyone in the queue has the same number - something terrible is going to happen.

What about Traitors Gate by Catherine McPhail

synopsis:

This story is about a boy called Spider who is on a school field trip in a castle with his friend, Lizzie. He hates the field trip because he thinks it is boring. But then he finds out about a legend that was in the castle. It was about a leader of an army that tried to conquer another castle; he tried six times and on his seventh try he succeeded. Spider just wanted to test it a little so he wishes that the field trip was not so boring seven times and guess what

Nope. It was dark and kind of depressing I think. I think drugs/homelessness etc were some kind of theme in it.

Sheesh, would have thought 'Spider' would be a distinctive name, but apparently not! :lol;

........Junk is another great book I'd forgotten about. Looking it up, it sounds a lot like what's in my head, so it's possible I'm mixing the two up - but there was definitely one with a guy called Spider.

I must get a copy of Junk too.

I've hunted around with these details for about twenty mins, it's incredibly hard because spiderman floods everything :( Haven't been able to find barely anything :D All I got at one point was about a guy who comes out of a psychiatric hospital or something and he is alone and wandering about London and he might have killed his mum in the past. That's all I got.