Marina Lewycka

Hi all,

This is my first post. If I have done this wrong please let me know.

I have just finished reading We're Are All Made of Glue by Marina Lewycka and it was fantastic.

Has anyone else read this novel? If so, what did you think?

I have just started reading Lewycka's second novel, Two Caravans, and it's not as good; actually, the beginning is a little disappointing.

Nothing wrong from what I can see MO! :D Welcome to the forum.

I'm glad you enjoyed 'We're All Made Of Glue' as I have it sitting on my To Be read pile.

I think a few people on here may have read this one, if not they have read some of her others.

Hello MissedOpportunity!

I haven't read We're All Made of Glue as I don't think I'll be able to cope with the subject matter, but I have read her first two books - loved the first one, and was disappointed by the second one (just didn't find it funny at all, in fact I found it incredibly sad). There are actually some separate threads for the other two books:

A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian --> http://www.bookclubforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1022

Two Caravans --> http://www.bookclubforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5686

• 1 month later...

also my first post! ive seen this book at the bookshop but unsure about it as i really did not enjoy two caravans at all. i loved a short history of caravans, one of the few books ive read that make me laugh out loud. two caravans was a little too dark for my tastes and i admit i did not finish it. maybe i will one day as i like the way she writes..