Anyone know of any great Fantasy books?

Guest mcflash271

Guest mcflash271

I am really looking for some new Fantasy novels to read. Here are a list of ones that I have already read and this should give you some kind of idea of what interests me:

Lord of the Rings

Chronicles of Narnia

Harry Potter

Lost Years of Merlin

Great Tree of Avalon

Wheel of Time

The Magicians

Please Help!!

Going by your list, you should definitely seek out:

David Edding's series called 'The Belgariad', starting with Pawn of Prophecy

Tad Williams' 'Memory, Sorrow & Thorn' series, starting with The Dragonbone Chair

Raymond E. Feist's 'Riftwar Saga', starting with Magician.

If you want a book that stands on its own, I can't recommend David Gemmell's Legend highly enough - it's fantastic.

You could also try Robin Hobb, although she's not my personal favourite.

At the risk of sounding like a scratched record (anyone remember those??), if you want something more challenging you should try George R.R. Martin's 'A Song of Ice & Fire' series, or Steven Erikson's 'Malazan Book of The Fallen'. These are definitely aimed at older readers, though, so you might want to check out the extracts available on Amazon.com before diving in.

I'll also go out on a limb - as I'm only half way through the first book - but I am thoroughly enjoying Empire in Black and Gold by Adrian Tchaikovsky, the first novel in his 'Shadows of the Apt' series.

Edited by Karsa Orlong

Guest mcflash271
Going by your list, you should definitely seek out:

David Edding's series called 'The Belgariad', starting with Pawn of Prophecy

Tad Williams' 'Memory, Sorrow & Thorn' series, starting with The Dragonbone Chair

Raymond E. Feist's 'Riftwar Saga', starting with Magician.

If you want a book that stands on its own, I can't recommend David Gemmell's Legend highly enough - it's fantastic.

You could also try Robin Hobb, although she's not my personal favourite.

At the risk of sounding like a scratched record (anyone remember those??), if you want something more challenging you should try George R.R. Martin's 'A Song of Ice & Fire' series, or Steven Erikson's 'Malazan Book of The Fallen'. These are definitely aimed at older readers, though, so you might want to check out the extracts available on Amazon.com before diving in.

I'll also go out on a limb - as I'm only half way through the first book - but I am thoroughly enjoying Empire in Black and Gold by Adrian Tchaikovsky, the first novel in his 'Shadows of the Apt' series.

In the Song of Fire and Ice series, what is the name of the first book?

In the Song of Fire and Ice series, what is the name of the first book?

In order, they're:

A Game of Thrones

A Clash of Kings

A Storm of Swords

A Feast For Crows

There are three more books due in the series, but he's taking his time about it! It's currently five years since the last one, so that might be a bit offputting.

Edited by Karsa Orlong