High School / Boarding School

Hi!

I am looking for a book which plays in a High School/Boarding School. As a matter of fact i prefer a book where the protagonist is a girl but it is no must!

Maybe there is one with love involved (I am a romantic - could be girl with girl too :D), normal school problems, an easy going book where you think "oh god I want to be at this school". A happy ending ist no must! :D

What I dont want to read is a book about ghosts, super heroes or whiches/magic.

Maybe there is someone out there who can help me to get my perfect book?

Greetings

Angel

Hi Angel. :D

It's not romantic, I'm afraid, but I simply loved Joanne Harris' Gentleman and Players, which is set in a school. It was excellent! :lol:

ETA: Hmmm - I'm not sure it would leave you wishing you went to the school though, so perhaps it's not quite what you're looking for. A great read, nonetheless. :D

The Enid Blighton 'Mallory Towers' and 'St.Clare's' series made me want to go to boarding school ~ although they are young books, and were pretty dated when I read them many moons ago!

Meanwhile, I googled "Fiction set in boarding schools" and this list came up. The first one might be just what you are looking for ~ a list of boarding school books with a brief synopsis for each. :D

Hi!

I am looking for a book which plays in a High School/Boarding School. As a matter of fact i prefer a book where the protagonist is a girl but it is no must!

Maybe there is one with love involved (I am a romantic - could be girl with girl too :D), normal school problems, an easy going book where you think "oh god I want to be at this school". A happy ending ist no must! :)

What I dont want to read is a book about ghosts, super heroes or whiches/magic.

Maybe there is someone out there who can help me to get my perfect book?

Greetings

Angel

Hi FallenAngel,

Here's a list of books that plays in a private school/boarding school.

Black Ice - By Lorene Cary

Casualties of Privilege: Essays on Prep Schools' Hidden Culture - By Louis Crosier

The Catcher In The Rye - J.D. Salinger's 1951 novel is a must read. It is a true American classic.

Facing The Lion: Growing Up Maasai on the African Savanna

Glamorous Disasters - Chicago native Eliot Schrefer's first novel recounts the exploits of the Upper East Side clients of a young SAT tutor.

The Harry Potter Stories - By J.K Rowling

Lessons From Privilege - By Arthur Powell

Prep - By Curtis Sittenfeld

A Separate Peace - By John Knowles

Saving Miss Oliver's - By Stephen Davenport

Hope these helps. :D

Edited by BookJumper
Removed irrelevant link.

The Enid Blighton 'Mallory Towers' and 'St.Clare's' series made me want to go to boarding school ~ although they are young books, and were pretty dated when I read them many moons ago!
I loved the Chalet School series of books by Elinor M Brent-Dyer when I was young - although that was quite a while ago! :D

Loved all these as a child, but recently re-read some of the Chalet School, and they are definitely period pieces now!

Prep - By Curtis Sittenfeld

Don't get me wrong, I loved this book (she's one of my favourite new authors) but it's not going to make you think "oh god I want to be at this school".

I loved those book i not sure if was younger or older when i read .

The Naughtiest Girl in the School

2. The Naughtiest Girl Again

3. The Naughtiest Girl is a Monitor

I remember reading these when I was about 6 or 7, and while I absolutely adored them as a young child, they are really for younger readers.

Loved all these as a child, but recently re-read some of the Chalet School, and they are definitely period pieces now!

Although I loved them years ago, I think they were probably pretty dated even then, so I can imagine what they must have seemed like :D

• 2 weeks later...