World Cup 2010

Michelle

I so glad they managed. I didn't want Hollard to win they didn't play fair.

Didn't they? I have no clue cause I didn't watch, but strangely enough I am kinda disappointed they lost. I mean.. they never get to the finals, and when they do, they lose?? In the last few minutes? Blah.:roll:

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Simon Cowell would say "No one had that X facotr"

I found none of the 'star players' played like they should, and I didn't seem to find many amazing moves, goals or moments. I was travelling back from Bristol so I never caught the match but heard that Holland played dirty.

I was just glad it was over! Terrible final, to round off the most mediocre World Cup I can remember.

Couldn't agree more.:roll: I was soo disappointed in the Dutch side last night. Was their mission to cripple the opposition? I felt sorry for Howard Webb, what a game to referee:roll:

I'm amused that my predictions at the start of the tournament have both come true - well, in some senses. I said Spain would win the World Cup and that David Villa would win the golden boot award. He finished joint top with four different people, but it still counts, right?

I found Spain quite disappointing through most of the tournament - too many 1-0 wins. Taking every team at their best, I feel that Germany had the most to be proud of. If only the final was played like the 3rd place play-off!

I found Spain quite disappointing through most of the tournament - too many 1-0 wins. Taking every team at their best, I feel that Germany had the most to be proud of. If only the final was played like the 3rd place play-off!

That all depends on whether you enjoy watching some comfortable, quick passing football, or prefer seeing the goals go in. I didn't mind that they had a fair few 1-0 wins because of the way they played. They played patiently and I thought they deserved it.

• 4 weeks later...

Spare a thought for the North Korean coach who has been sent to a construction site to do hard labour for 14 hours a day for failing to deliver!!!! How unbelievable. :o

Does make you wonder about our overpaid, pampered pansies who couldn't be bothered to kick the ball properly - maybe they should be made to do motorway maintenance for a bit! :lurker:

Isn't it strange when you consider how bad we did in the world cup and what a bad example many of these footballers are that it was shown on all main tv channels, yet our Athletics team performed out of their skins recently and it's only on bbc2 or even bbc3.

Isn't it strange when you consider how bad we did in the world cup and what a bad example many of these footballers are that it was shown on all main tv channels, yet our Athletics team performed out of their skins recently and it's only on bbc2 or even bbc3.

How true Ernie, there were some wonderful athletic achievements and lots of the athletes live off sponsorships (and their families). Such a disparity in the sports. It also riles me that Cricket is only shown on Sky (I don't have sky, only Freeview) so only get to see Test highlights on Ch. 5 for about half an hour. :irked:

Edited by SueK

How true Ernie, there were some wonderful athletic achievements and lots of the athletes live off sponsorships (and their families). Such a disparity in the sports. It also riles me that Cricket is only shown on Sky (I don't have sky, only Freeview) so only get to see Test highlights on Ch. 5 for about half an hour. :irked:

I'm showing my age but I remember when we only had 4 Channels and they had time for every sport on TV and still managed to show all the soaps etc too. Seems worse now we have too many channels. I'll try not to miss the Athletics tonight on BBC3 Lol.